Oh yeaahhhh!!!..............

Anonymous

what do you think about this? basically my goal is to beat every one with the " ooo wwowww" 13w7 out on the streets. this is what i've got so far. 3 optima batteries, 270amp alt,and alpine headunit. i'm leaning towards 3 1500w rms rocford or mtx amps and i've heard great things about the x.x.x. i want 3. will this do the trick in a '04 expedition?

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 20
Ya it should do the trick all right. One question, is the trick to lose your ability to hear!:-) If you get that it will sound unbelievable!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 738
go with 3 RE X.XX subs with a MTX 1501D to each sub...but um...i dont think your bank account is that deep...

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 70
That will sound amazing! You are gonna need a ton of dynamat or edead (www.edesignaudio.com). Your car will literally fall apart with three of those. If I were you Id do about 3 layers of edead v1 se on your ENTIRE car.

Anonymous

ok this is what my choices boil down to: 3 15" X.X.X.( 4 ohm DVC) and 3 Infinity 1210 amps(1300w rms x 1 @ 2 ohms) i've heard the infinitys and they sound awesome.any last opinions?

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 29
No that thing is going to vibrate your braine out of your scull!:-) Good luck!

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 148
that'll be a kick A$$ system, wish i had the money for that. its going to run you around 2500-3500 to that. BUt yeh infinty's are ok, but if you go with the MTx's you want be disappointed

Anonymous

my friend uses mtx 1501D's, so i've heard those, and I've used Infinity's 1210a.We've tried a few subs with both amps.including the the mtx 9500,cerwing vega's, orion's h2's and even a 13w7,although i don't think the impendance was right(because of jl's odd impendance)It was about an even match and the 1501 is rated at about 100 or 200 more watts rms than the infinty!However the Infinity 1210a clearly overpowered the MTX 1501 with the subs mentioned above. the only exception is the 13w7. the mtx did sound a little better over the infinity and besides the Infinity is a litlle bit cheaper than the mtx and they look a lot cooler too.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2953
The Infinity was probably clipping, the MTX amps have a compression circuit to minimize clipping, so that was probably the "power" difference you probably heard, aka distortion. The human ear perceives distortion as loudness. It takes double the power to generate a 3db increase, so really 100 or even 200 extra watts wouldn't make much of a difference audibly saying that you're talking about 1300-1500 watts to start with. The MTX is the better built amplifier by far, Infinities amps are pretty poor, JBL would be a better bet from the Harman Kardon side of things.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us