JL 12W6v2

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 33
Lately I have been trying to decide on the best sub I can get for good SQ and decent SPL. The best of both I guess. I have looked at many different types of subs including the R E X X X, Orion H2, Adire Brahma, JL W7, Alpine Type-X, and the Eclipse Titanium. I decided though that maybe I could downgrade a slight bit, so I was wondering what some of you all thought about 1 JL 12 W6v2 in a ported or sealed box OR 2 JL 12W3v2 in a sealed box. I would like to maintain as much SQ/SPL as possible. Also, if you think I should stick w/ one of the subs mentioned above then let me know please. Choosing a sub is tough and all the help counts, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 142
I think you should be extremely happy with a JL 12w6v2 in a slot ported enclosure just wake sure you can give it about 400rms and be 2ohm stable mono.

Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 10
U wont go wrong with either choice, but yes tha w6v2 is a great sub and works really well with a sealed eclosure. But for a even cheaper price you could get a triple x which has higher spl and many would say better sq than tha w6v2. I personally chose tha w6v2 over the triple x.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 143
me too and I had mine in a sealed enclosure but went to ported and was much happier but yes it does sound good in either. The only thing about a reXXX is you need more power! but most will say that it does sound better and louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us