2 or 3 15" to beat 4 12" kicker cvr

Bronze Member
Username: Jdub_dub

Post Number: 21
any ideas on 2 or 3 15" that can beat 4 12" kicker cvr? im lookin to spend about $100- $125 per sub. i have a jbl 1200.1. i want the subs to have about 20mm of xmax any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 97
not at that price my man! Your prob better off getting two and spending alittle more than buying 3 and skimping.
James

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
alright then what is a good 15" sub for the $250 and less price range?

Silver Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 108
Rockford Fosgate P315D2

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 300
check out the vega VMAX 15" 400rms and the price is outstanding. xmax = 20.3mm check onlinecarstereo.com for prices. =-) good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 58
alpine Type R 15" 29mm 500w rms
350 retail dunno what u could get it for

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
around $185 on ebay for type r 15" 1521/1541DVC

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
whats the difference between the alpine swr-1521 and the swr-1541? is one dual 2 and one dual 4 ohm vc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
and for xmax. is the alpine xmax or xmech 29mm? how good is this compared to the cerwin vega vmax? which would you recommend?

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
27.7mm-xmax for type r's. basically it comes down to personal preferance. i myself have the type r's. i dont have them hooked up yet cause im still building the system, but i know a few different people who run them with a 100 or so more watts than rms and they bump. the vegas definitely bump to though so i would consider cost and preferance and make your choice with what better suits you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
does this sounds right? $120 for a 15" cerwin vega vmax? or is this a cheaper model?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13952

for some reason this doesnt seem right.

if so is this the sub that everyone talks about? or is there a better cerwin vega sub out there?

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 32
I just got 2 12" V-Maxes from them, that price is the real deal man.

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 33
And be careful buying the DVC model, Cerwin Vega's site says they are 4-ohm voice coils, but some places say 2. I went the safe way and just got 2 4-ohm SVC models and wired them down to 2-ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
ok so i can get 2 alpines or 3 vmax for the same price. what would you recommend? is the vmax a good sub? or is it a "good for the money" sub?

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 34
I've only heard Type R's with a crappy amp and box, and I don't even get to hear my V-Maxes until tomorrow or monday. I did a lot of research on both though and most people think the V-Maxes hit harder, while the Type-R's probably have better quality. If you want it loud, I doubt 2 Type-R's would even compare to 3 V-Maxes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
sounds good thanks for the help. please post on this thread once you got your vmaxes hooked up and let me know how you like them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
anyone know the driver displacement of the 15" vmax? and what is the optimum size for a sealed box for these subs. im having trouble finding the specs.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 301
i have a spec sheet for the VMAX sub line. send me an email at dub9symp@hotmail.com and i will send it to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
for the sealed box volume for the 15" vmax it says 2 cubic feet of total box volume. does this mean that i should not factor in the driver displacement because its already factored in?

and i'm beginning to think, will 3 of these 15" vmax subs be better than 4 12" kicker comp vr?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
im trying to decide if it will be worth it or not

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 39
Spending tons of money just to beat someone isn't worth it to me. Just do what will make you happy everytime you drive your car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
nah its not to beat someone else, its to upgrade from my current setup. im the one with the 4 cvr12 subs. i just want a little more and im tryin to decide if i should do it or not. i would sell those subs before i buy the vmaxes. just wondering if there will be a noticeable difference
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us