Why the hating on Audiobahn?

Anonymous

I have two Audiobahn 10" subs in a slot ported box. I know Audiobahns are nowhere near great, but for a sub priced around 90-100 dollars, they sound pretty good, and thump pretty hard. I would put mine up against alpine e series or a comparable mtx model anyday. I guess I'm just wondering why people are talking such trash about audiobahn subs. I think for people who dont want to spend a lot of money ( mostly becaues they dont have it), Audiobahn is an excellent choice. Anybody else have Audiobahns that would like to add anything? (positive or negative)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7074
well, price wise let's be fair. for $100 I could get an Adire Shiva 12" or an Alpine Type R 12", a Kicker CompVR 12", or several other subs I'd probably consider better subs.
Audiobahn's stuff can reach pretty good SPL limits, but so can an air hammer to be honest. It's not so much about peak SPL as it is about how good the subs sound at high output, and Audiobahn's subs, particularly those lower models like the flame Q subs, just sound awful when they get to higher excursions.
Now that aside, as a retailer, Audiobahn brand products have a high return and failure rate as well. A lot of that I'm sure is due to idiots doing self-installs and doing them wrong resulting in blown subs and damaged amps though.

As for a corporate level issue, I and others dislike Audiobahn for their sales practices, setting minimum sales quotas for all of their retailers forching the retailers to push audiobahn gear to meet their expected sales minimums, and thus forcing the stuff down the customers' throats at the threat of having sales licenses pulled if the retailers don't meet these quotas.
They just spend way too much time and effort making their gear all chromed out and blingy, and not enough on actual build quality.

if you want to learn about what goes into building a GOOD amplifier for example, I can refer you to articles on the subject. Let me know.

Username: Jode

Post Number: 4
hey glass could you give me some links to the articles. i am reading a lot about what makes a good sub and what is shitty.

thanks brian

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7078
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554

atticle continued to second page here:
http://www.caraudiocentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=553

just updated yesterday.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 711
wow, lots of reading but very informative

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 129
they suk?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7100
personal opinion I guess.
some people swear by pyramid and BOSS too though.
most just swear AT them.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 135
I think it would be cool to get some audiobahn subs and tear the sh%@ out of 'em. See what they can handle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us