Amp qustions plus car laptop

Unregistered guest
Hello car audio enthusiasts.

I have an older car that has been broken into many times. I recently made three sealed boxes. Each houses a jbl 12 sub, Kappa series. They are 350 watts,

My first questions is Amp, what should I look for to power the three subs, should I look for a 1000 watt amp, also how to wire parrellel or serires. I read something that said for each additional speaker I pick up 2 ohms?

My second question, I want to only use my laptop to power all the sound in my car, meaning is there a way I can re-wire all the speakers from the factory radio back to the amp then us a mic cord to send my music to the amp thus powering all the speakers.

I am planning to get the newer phillips mp3 player to use instead of a laptop in the car

kristina
Unregistered guest
u have re wire the factory amp which is a real pain in the A$$. u probably have to by pass some wires for your labtop. id go with more than 1000 watts for your amp.i have 3 12"s and a 1200 watt amp. well i unhooked the middle sub cause there wasnt enough power, it didnt sound to hot.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 122
Get an 1/8" stereo to dual rca adaptor. Radio Shack should have 'em. Then run regular car rca wires to your amp to keep noise out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us