Size

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 111
Im looking at the specs on the 2 subs i was give and for sealed it says 1.25-3.25. WHat will be advantage of putting it in a 3.25 rather than a 1.25?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 213
i believe it will give you more spl. and if your sub can take it you can feed it more power

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 112
Well they are only Kicker comp 12" subs so they only take 150 wrms. Nothing to fancy of a sub but for free hey what can i say. Im goin to put them in my GFs car

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 22
if you go to the kicker site and look at the technical manual, there are some graphs of the different responses using those boxes.
http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals/02CompTechManualV2_0.pdf

lookin at 'em, it seems like the larger box won't get as loud, but you will have better response, especially at lower frequencies

so the smaller one will be more "punchy" while the other will give better SQ

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 113
Well she is all about the loud bass. What size box would you recommend for the 2 12" subs?

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 114
I guess a mix of sq and spl would be the best for her.

Bronze Member

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 24
usually with cars, the amound of space available is also taken account for. In general, the larger box will give you louder bass at lower frequencies(than the smaller one)..but the larger box, less trunk space...so it's a trade-off

also you have to decide on sealed/ported for the sound you want. a good thread that explains the sealed/ported decision came up last week...here's the link...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/114509.html

if ya browse around, there is always some good threads going on this subject...give them a look and try to figure out what seems best for you

...and remember box size/type usually always comes down to personal preference when you get to the nitty gritty

Bronze Member

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 25
music preference also should be considered
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us