Cold A Mich Weather

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 305
Glass do you think this cold weather is affecting my headunit. lately it has been very in and out. sometimes it wont play tracks. sometimes it wont respond to any buttons. sometimes only a few work. do you think it is the cold or something else?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6981
probably is the weather. it's been damned cold outside lately.
if it persists after the car warms up, then it may just be the head unit though.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 306
what do you think about a Clarion DXZ735MP HU that was a display for $170? and i cant find how many volts the 3 preouts are.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7008
good head unit.
its got 2V pre-outs. all clarions do unless you buy one of the top model proaudio units
one of the few drawbacks to their products.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 945
I personally wouldn't buy Clarion. I hate the way they advertise and use proprietary optical cable.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 307
lol why do you hate they way they advertise and what does the optical cable have anyhting to do with thier head units?

Silver Member

Post Number: 961
Well you see, Clarion doesn't give much support and somehow they think don't like sharing any knowledge with their customers. I bought the DVH920 Surround sound system for the car. On their ad, it said optical digital cable. They made it sound like it was any other "regular" cable. Well it's not. They decided to use a special end that no other manufacturer carries/cares about. Then they tell me I'll need DVC920 to make it work with non Clarion HUs. So I ordered that too. After I get it, I find out it won't work. The only way to get the features advertized is to buy Clarion's HU. That's false advertising. And what gets me is that they're tech support didn't/doesn't know about it. Plus they don't list email addresses of anyone important. Guess they got too many complaints. What kind of company hides all their email addresses?? That's shabby business.
So now I will buy any other brand besides Clarion.

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 13
I have a clarion tough screen 7" TV in dash fully motorized it is one of the best head units i have ever had.....clarion does need to advertise the product sells itself. it is one of the bewst known brands out there right now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 968
I know plenty of sh**y Clarion products. I'm just complaining the way the advertise and provide support. Have you tried calling them for support? I mean real support. Ask them a question on any part of their amp/cable/HU and they make it like it's top secret. You would think Clarion works for FBI, the way they guard technical information.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us