Still have amp problem

Username: Marleygong

Post Number: 2
My amp (a Power Acoustik 0v4-600) doesnt work when i turn my head unit on the protect light comes on for afew seconds then turns off and thats it. I dont have any speakers running to it yet i just have it hooked to the power wire, ground, and remote to see if it works. It is missing a fuse on the amp itself. I dont know f that could be the problem. If so what fuse should i use. It doenst say on the amp. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 11
It could be the fus....try using a 20 to 25 amp fuse nutting higher.....also it could be one of your other connections that is shorting out. let me know if it is the fuse and if it isnt then ill eplain how to check the connections.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 125
What size is the fuse that is currently in there? to get amps you do #of watts/12 so if its a 600watt amp it would take 2-25amp fuses.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7025
if it was the fuse, the amp wouldn't powe ron at all. no lights. nothing.
the amp is defective/blown.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7026
at least, it shouldn't come on..
let me find the amp specs and I'll tell ya the fuse size to use.

is it an XL4-600?
not finding the model you listed.

I hate power acoustik and their sh** products. I swear. I've gone to ten sites now from google and not ONE page has ANY power specs for the amp.. just a couple pictures, and "PWM MOSFET power supply and 30 way darranty!" and that's IT.
I want to shoot people who willingly sell that crap to folks.

this is all any site seems to list:
Mosfet power supply
PWM circuitry
Chrome plated side panels
Full selectable crossover hi/full/low
3-way protection circuit

I saw one listing that said 70x4, but it didn't say at how many ohms, or if that's RMS or max, or what class the amp is...
totally useless.

just let me know the amp class, and how many watts, RMS it puts out into how many channels at how many ohms.
or better yet, but a better amp.

Post Number: 3
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5740904491 %26%26

This is the amp. I know its not great but someone gave it to me and i wanna know if it works. So are you saying its blown or needs a fuse?

Post Number: 4
Ok it got it to work now. I put a 20 amp fuse in the slot and it come on now. Thanks for the help. Now the only problem is how do i bridge the 4 channels into 2 for my two subs?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 131
you said one fuse is missing! what amperage is the fuse that is still there?

Post Number: 5
it only has one fuse and it works now, thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us