Harder Thumps

Username: Superchevy

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have just bought 2 kicker 8" L7's in a ported box and a fosgate T1000.1 amp installed in my 2000 reg. cab silverado. My question is, is there any thing i can do to produce deeper bass? It's loud but just doesn't produce deep low bass.

Any advice or sugestions would be great.

Username: Whsfball24

Spfld, ILL

Post Number: 8
try messing around with the gains.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2907
What is the port tuned to? Chances are you could go deeper on the tuning to bring out the low end a good bit.

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
Quadruple the power.

Post Number: 2
Sorry guys, real new to all of to car audio and really don't know much about it. If its not to hard could someone explain to me how to tune the port and how do you know what it is set at?

Thanks again for all the help.

Post Number: 3
Would adding polyfil in the box help or not?

Bronze Member
Username: Jcgoal33

Post Number: 17
no polyfill will only gain u about 1 db on the high end of your hz range and u will lose 1 db or more depending on the port tuning on ur lower hz side and the lower hz is where u get that deep bass ur looking for. now port tuning is a little diffrent and yes it will help u bring out the bass u want but its complicated and involves equations and measurments. im not sure what the best answer for u would be because i have never messed around with 8" woofers mine are all 12"s. now i want to say get some egg crate foam or acoustic foam and line ur box with that but im not certin that will help u but what that will do is reduce the standing sound waves (standing sound waves cancle out other sound waves and by reducing this u will get a cleaner crisper sound and it will be louder but im not sure about bass response and the frequcy levle u want to achieve) every box and sub acts difrently to diffrent things some boxes sound great with a certin sub some sound bad im not sure of the answer but my best advice would be to play around with it try adding egg crate foam u can also try adding a crossover as well u can adjust ur frequncey on the crossover to the bass u want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
if u would like to tune ur sub i have a website that u can use to calculate how long your port should be but ur going to need ur box volume and ur port diameter. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#por click on that then click on the blue "port length calculator" link and the calculator will be at the very top of the screen all u have to do is type the meassurments they tell u in and press the equal sighn and it will give u ur port length. oh and another thing for that low bass u want ur going to want ur port hz between 26 and 36 depending on ur music type if u want real low deep deep bass go with the lower end of that if u want a little less than go the higher end i listen to rock so my box is tuned to 30 hz but everyone has diffrent taste. if u need any more help or have any questions ask.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7072
if you want deeper bass, get rid of the pickup truck and get a vehicle like an SUV with more cabin volume and more distance between teh subs and your front seat.
regular cab pickups just don't have the room to resonate and mature a full bass wave, so you won't get really low bass from them unless you want to stick a camper on the truck and stick subs in the bed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i have a pickup and i get some deep bass and the subs are less than 12 inches from my ears but ive also got a pretty big box because my truck has 15 inches of room behind the driver and passenger seats

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 710
you are also using 2 8"s, they dont move all that much air....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us