Ma audio....good brand?

supraman
Unregistered guest
i know ma audio is not the best but are they worth buying? what do you guys think about the HK802SX?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 965
MA Audio is better than Pyramid and Sony.

saltystix
Unregistered guest
I have an MA Audio amp... It worked perfect for me... until my friend blew it... But he did that, it wasnt the amp just failing on me.

The amp I have now from them, since i sent my old one to get fixed, it either has a problem... or there is a problem somewhere in my audio system.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7029
some people have good luck with MA Audio.
personally I dislike the company. They used to go by "Mobile Authority" if that sounds any more familiar. They probably are marginally better than Sony and Pyramid, but I wouldn't rank them at even the reliability or performance of Audiobahn.
While I'm not an audiobahn fan, that's mainly for company practice reasons, and such more than as in MA Audio's case, where it's for reliability.

they are fairly cheap though. if ya want to give em a try its up to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 972
Glass, that's a good explaination on MA Audio and Audiobahn. Lot of people are curious to know why a person dislikes one brand/product over another.
I think if everyone gave opinions/facts like that, there would be no time wasting arguments on here.

supraman
Unregistered guest
so if i used the ma audio hk-802sx amp (4400w) and the kicker solo x 18 (5000w) sub would that work?

saltystix
Unregistered guest
From my experience they have very good SQ. Way better than sony and pioneer. I heard their highend stuff is very very good. And that is a high end item you want there. Just make sure you have an HO alternator for that beast.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 350
MA sucks dont give in to the deal that mobile one has, my friend did and they sucked. Take Glass or Jonathan's advise.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 309
look at the RMS ratings on the sub/amp. dont use max it is a useless overreated number used to sell items to people who dont know what they have.

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
If you're going to use the max rating, then make sure you use it for both amp and sub. That way you're comparing apples to apples. However, Pyramid and Sony and few others, like to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. Instead of using the standard formula to calculate peak power, they make up their own rate. This is why, people get fooled. 1000W from one company may only actually be 500W. The ratio between rms and peak should be 2 - 2.5 times. I've seen as high as 5x, so be careful.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7047
actually don't even use max to max comparisons if the products are made by different companies, because "max" ratings are essentially numbers pulled out of the air, and have no relative value across the board compared to RMS values.
max for one product may be 3 times the RMS value, and max for another item could be 5 times the RMS value, or only 2 times the RMS.
just stick to RMS for everything and keep life simple.

if you find an amp that puts out 4400 watts of power RMS, you better have about 3 alternators in that car to handle that current draw, because it's going to be ungodly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us