Hey experts, am I missing anything?

Username: F150_driver

Post Number: 3
Ok, I'm going to make a couple orders tomorrow.
The system is going into a 2002 Ford F150 regular cab pickup truck. I've never done an installation this big and I need all the help
I can get. My buddy and I plan on soldering anything that we can that doesn't have a plug.
It looks like my battery cables will be easy to hook the amp and powered sub to without any
extra hardware if the wires have a loop on the end of them.

I could really use some help on the accessories. I'm sure I'm missing something, here's my
list:

Alpine CDA-9820XM CD Player With XM Radio tuner Car Head Unit

2 sets of ALPINE SPR-574A 5" x 7" Type-R Coaxial 2-Way Speakers

Alpine MRP-F240 40W x 4 Car Amplifier Multi-channel

Infinity BassLink T Class D Powered Subwoofer Powered

Lanzar LQ83 8 Gauge Power & Speaker
Silver Power Cable (20 ft) w/In-Line Fuse Holder
Transparent Black Ground Cable (3 ft)
Blue Remote Cable (16 ft)
Clear Purple RCA-RCA
Audio Interconnect Cables(17ftPair)
Clear Dual Conductor Speaker Cable (30 ft)

Lanzar LQ44 4 Gauge Power & Speaker Kit
1-20 ft 4 Gauge Red Power Cable
1-AGU Fuse Holder
1-AGU Fuse, 60 Amp
1-4 Gauge Ring Terminals

American International XM-2SAA
XM roof-mount antenna
roof-mount antenna
magnetic base
designed for use on any car, SUV, or minivan
19.75' cable

Ford Kit
1995-up, chassis sizes S & E
rear support bracket
trim ring, for a more attractive installation
side brackets, which you can use if your factory mounting location is designed for the side support system found in some vehicles (ISO-DIN)
shaft brackets for use only with old-fashioned 2-knob stereos

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER!
Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 184
Looks like you've got everything ready for the installation. However, where's the amp for that Basslink sub?

Post Number: 4
The Infinity Basslink T is a selfpowered sub. I've read great things about it and being a rookie I thought it was the easiest way to go.

10" woofer and two 10" passive radiators
Class D 250-watt amplifier
compact polymer enclosure
wired volume control with 16-foot cable
frequency response 20-120 Hz
low-pass crossover variable from 50-120 Hz (at 12 dB per octave)
line-level inputs (remote turn on required)
speaker-level inputs with auto turn-on
phase control
bass boost adjusts from -6 dB to +3 dB at 40 Hz
25-amp fuse
40-1/4"W x 14-3/4"H x 6-1/2"(D1), 3-3/4"(D2)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6645
yes, the basslink is self-powered.
you may want wiring harnesses to adapt that alpine to the factory Ford wiring plugs so you don't have to cut any wires, and you can later put the factory stero back in if you sell the truck.

www.knukonceptz.com has good prices on the amp wiring kits, too.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 195
How does self-powered work??

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6661
amplifier is built into the enclosure with the sub.
RCA and speaker level connectors are on the side of the enclosure.
this is the side of a basslink. note the power, ground, remote, and 4 RCA inputs:

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 907
Don't forget, selfpowered means, it'll require power to operate.

Post Number: 5
Thanks! I'll be adding a Ford Receiver Wire Harness For select models, 1998-up from crutchfield.

Question, Can I run both the powered sub and the 4 channel amp with the 4 gauge power wire or do you recommend running 2 wires and 2 fuses all the way up to the battery?

Silver Member

Post Number: 912
From your above post, you should be able to power both amps with 4 gauge wire. Unless you're approaching 800W rms or higher, 4 gauge will do just fine.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6674
yeah just use a distribution block to split from 4ga to each amplifier

Post Number: 6
Distribution block eh? Guess I'll get one at the local shop. How bout radio shack? Anyway, I bit the bullet and order all the stuff tonight. I'm kinda freakin out cuz I figure it's about the busiest shipping day of the year when it ships out. I can see my $1,000 (about $2000 retail) worth of equipment being thrown around by angry package handlers that have been working overtime for weeks. I probably should have waited til monday but I figured it wont really slow down for a couple weeks and I can't wait that long.

Hey Glass Wolf and all the rest, I really appreciate your help. I've posted the exact same questions on 2 other boards and you guys were the only ones that took the time to help me out. The system is really a Xmas gift for my wife but I'm gonna get a kick out of it too.

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll have more questions.
Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 50
You wont be able to get a distro block from
radio shack to my knowledge.
You can probably find one in the automotive section
at walmart for around 10 bucks.
Either that, ebay or knukonceptz.com most definately.
I should think a 4ga into (2) 8 ga out will
be more than sufficient.
just run the 4 ga as close as you can to the
middle of the basslink and 4 channel amp,
then run the 2 8 ga wires to each, respectively.
If you're looking for a little more
protection, you can buy fused distro blocks, but
theyll run you about 15 bucks more, minimum.
good luck.

Post Number: 7
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=270-704

Found a fused distribution block at radioshack. I'm sure I can pick one up at my local car audio store if radio shack doesn't have one in stock locally. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Help_2

Post Number: 51
Looks like thatll work just fine.
match up the fuses with the ones on the amps
and youll be set :-)

Post Number: 8
Slight problems with discountsjungle.com, the order was pretty big and their shipping calculator didn't work right. Shipping was $100 for the $1000 order. They were real hesitant with that big of an order and made me fax proof of ID with mailing address on it and a copy of my credit card. It kinda made me think twice but I did it. It was all information that I had already given them. It should ship tommorrow.

Silver Member

Post Number: 921
Whoa, what kind of shabby place is that? Why would you want to fax them a copy of your credit card and proof of ID? If they can't handle a $1000 transaction, then they shouldn't be in business. I would've never faxed them. You've just given them another piece of paper that can get lost/stolen by crooks.
Anyways, I hope the discount you got was worth the hassle. Did you know that some vendors offer free shipping on orders around $1000? I know this doesn't help you cause you already paid for it, but in the future, keep in mind that you do have choices.
FYI, I've ordered amps/alternator/speakers that were almost $2000, and the shipping was around $50.

Post Number: 9
prices were pretty good:

Alpine CDA-9820XM CD Player With XM Radio tuner Car Head Unit--$289.90 ---------MSRP $399.90

2 sets of ALPINE SPR-574A 5" x 7" Type-R Coaxial 2-Way Speakers--$200.00--------- MSRP $400.00

Alpine MRP-F240 40W x 4 Car Amplifier Multi-channel--$129.90--------- MSRP $199.90

Infinity BassLink T Class D Powered Subwoofer Powered--$319.90--------- MSRP $599.90

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 212
Ebay had almost exact prices, which included shipping, so compared to ebay you lost about $20 per product. Except for the amp, you saved on that. And you got majorly ripped off on that BassLink, eBay has it for $175 shipped. You live and learn.

Post Number: 10
Is that for the "T" model or just the regular Basslink? There is a difference.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 213
Ok,~$325 shipped. So on eBay, it would've been $950 shipped. You said yours was over a grand and another 100 for shipping. I've learned that you can almost never beat eBay :-) Unless they don't have it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Was that all from one location? Could you post a link? Thanks

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 214
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39752%26item%3D5739205723 %26%26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14940%26item%3D5737553135 %26&ssPageName=WD1V

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39740%26item%3D5739683921 %26%26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32822%26item%3D5739764712 %26%26

They're not from the same place, but that shouldn't matter...

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 215
I tried clicking on the links, but for some reason now they don't work. Just go on eBay and type in the model number in the search box on the home page and sort the results by price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yep,Looks like I could have saved about $100. If I buy 1 or 2 items I'll probably go that way. Jungle was slightly cheaper on the amp. I would only do "buy it now items" if I was going to go with ebay. Thats just my personal preference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 925
You should tell the jungle that you want your personal info you faxed earlier, back.
I still can't believe the way they reacted to a $1000 transaction. They must be a very small shop.

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 50
A lot of things on ebay are b class or refurbs so its probably best you went with the wholesale website. millionbuy.com and onlinecarstereo.com are both good wholesale websites. millionbuy looks jank but its run by yahoo so dont worry. i got all my stuff 2 days after i ordered it, no hassle, for future reference.

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 62
EBAY is a great site and no its not all refurbs and B class stuff if you read it properly! You can not beat ebay if you kow exactly what it is that you want and Oleg Ni said it best "you cant beat it unless they dont have it" If it says brand new then it is just dont buy the S$%T that sayd refurbished or B-stock. just be smart about it and look for good feedback and you shold be able to save a good amount of $$$$.
James

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 56
I'm not trying to hate, I'm just bringing up a point. What happens when ur stuff goes to sh!t and you can't get ahold of the seller for the warantee. I believe that if you know what ur doing than nething can work for u. I'm making a generality for people who DONT

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 217
I've had good luck thus far. I did just knock on wood, though :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 928
One advice for anyone buying on eBay. Don't purchase anything from a seller with a rating of 95% or lower. If you think about it, a seller that sends products as advertised when paid, should have a rating of 100% or very close to it. Most buyers do not want to leave a negative feedback, therefore when one does, it's a good sign.
I've had experience with 2 crooks. They both had a rating below 95%. They are no longer listed on eBay. And I never got my product.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Hey, guess what.......the order fell through. They were out of stock on one one of the items and I asked them to cancel if they couldn't ship the entire thing.
I'm going to start looking elsewhere for everything. Unfortunately my paypal account is limited to $500/month right now. What I am thinking about doing is buying the Basslink T on Ebay and the Alpine HU, Amp, and Speakers from onlinestereo.com. I'm not sure yet, but I can say that I'm very dissapointed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Anybody used www.etronics.com?

Silver Member

Post Number: 929
Your first sign should've been their reaction to a $1000 order. It's really nothing for a normal vendor. I think they probably took your order and THEN tried to find parts. Lot of the mini home basement shops do that. They tell you everything's in stock.
I bought from cardomain.com. See if you can make them do a price match, then you'll get a good deal.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 232
If you buy from eBay, you can still use PayPal. You either transfer money first or just pay with an eCheck directly from your bank account. When buying from eBay, it's better to go from one of those eBay stores and the store should have really close to 100% positive feedback, like Isaac said. Also, try to buy items covered under PayPal buyer protection. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
"Your first sign should've been their reaction to a $1000 order. It's really nothing for a normal vendor. I think they probably took your order and THEN tried to find parts. Lot of the mini home basement shops do that"

I don't think that's the case here. I don't think they're that small. I talked to 3 different operators while dealing with them and they claimed to have a warehouse. They are a yahoo store and rated good by bizrate.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6849
yes used etronics.
great site.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 233
My friend use it once and it went great. I tried to get some kenwood soft dome tweeters and then first delayed shipment. Then they said it delayed again, then they said they'll get it in a few days if they haven't already. Then they said they won't have it for a week. I just cancelled my order then. Aside from that they're cool. haha

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2865
They were doing you a favor not giving you Kenwood soft dome tweeters :-).

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 236
really? I heard they were pretty good

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
I have never found a good kenwood speakers worth paying. That doesn't mean I wouldn't accept a freebie :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us