Grate deal on Eclipse t2?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I was looking on ebay when I found a Eclipse SW7104DVc T2 10 inch sub. It is brand new and they are only wanting $139. The sub's are 400 watt's rms and I have the rockford p8002 amp that put's out 800 watts at 4 ohms, would my amp work with the sub's?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Is this a good deal on the sub, I know the Eclipse T's are grate subs.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Also are they the same eclipse t everyone likes. With 2 of the 10's and 400 watt's to each would I be compareing to an Jl 12w7 or not.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 264
those arent the ti's everyone likes
that is the 9100 series which carry like 1000 watts not 400

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I checked and it said that they are 400 watts rms and 800 peak. Any then wouldn't that make it a better deal if they where 900 watt's insted of 400 watt's. I am going to check to look agen but I am almost positive that it said 400 watt's, but they could have mest up on the rating's.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya I double checked and they are 400 watts rms and 800 max, they don't say anything about being a 9100 or anything like that. It also says that it is a T2 but it has an aluminum cone, What's up with that, I don't really know anything about Eclipse subs so any input would be grat, like what there best "10" subs are?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 114
there best 10" inch sub it the titanium for sql. But for all out bass the titanium pro is the best but requires alotta power

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 267
taylor it all depends on your price range and what you want

the 9110 ti is gonna run like 300 on ebay or a website, it will be a better sub but it will also require a bigger amp and you may need to upgrade your charging system

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know a good website that has Eclipse subs, the only web I can find is ebay. I don't plan on spinding more than 140 on each sub, I found an eclipse aluminum on ebay for $112 but it is brand new and I like my stuff brand new. So if any Know's of a pare of eclipse 10's for that price range, or any other brand for that matter I would appreatiate it. Also I would really like to keep my amp, it is the rockford p8002, it is still brand new so I would like to use it a little longer. It put's out 800 watt's times 1 at 4 ohm's.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 686
www.acaraudio.com

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I checked out that website and everything was way over 140. Any other brand's with out the price tag.:-)

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 274
just get 1 eclipse ti 12 for 300 off ebay it will sound great but that kind of destroys the whole keep the amp part

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Sory I would like to go with a 12 but it wouldn't fit. Has to go under the back seat of an chevy extended cab. The eclipse aluminum's are 400 watt's each, perfict for my amp, I just don't know any thing about them.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 279
aluminums are good subs i know someone with 2 10 alum. in a chevy truck -- they sound fair, but make sure you invest in a good box - he didnt and his sound def. pays the price

i dont know if you guys have similar places but we have a market place called traders village where you can get a box for like 20 bucks lol and its like russian roulette with what you get (except its 5 bullets in the chambers instead of one lol)

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya I live about an hour a way from Fort Worth, and I have been thinking of going and seeing what they got, but I just don't trust places like that. Is there a special Eclipse aluminum I should look for or stay away frum. Thank's for the help. Also this will be replacing 2 rockford hx2's so if they won't be that much better let me know.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 282
taylor where do you live? - One of my buddies runs a stereo store that sells eclipse stuff, they are fair ly priced but they do great installs the store is in arlington

and the aluminums will beat the hx2s
look on eclipse-web.com and make sure you are gettin the correct aluminums so they dont bait and switch you

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 283
as far as traders village you are smart to stay away but its still fun to go

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I live about 20 minutes west of Cleburne. Any chance your bud could give me a discount:-)

taylor17
Unregistered guest
And as far as the box, I was going to use the same box I have now. I had it custom built not sure but I think it has somthing like 2 cubic feet per sub. I would hate to have to get a new box this one cost almost $200.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 284
The box should still be good the aluminums can use a lot of air space, the more the better

we should hit up traders village some weekend, I was going to go up there with one of my buddies soon and sell off a bunch of our old equipment so it stops taking up our whole garage

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya that would be cool. What kind of stuff you thinking of selling.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
One of my bud's likes to go up there, but he likes the crap like Legacy. So I never been.

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 285
I have a 15" kicker
2 audiobahn 12's
1 eclipse ti 12"
an old eclipse head unit
a 10 w6 in a prowedge
an mtx amp
and 2 12" vmax's
im selling my bp 1200.1 on ebay right now

there is some other stuff too thats not in the best of condition, but my neighbor took 4 comp vr 10's in a truck box up there and sold them in the parking lot for 350 cash, so i figured what the hell

ps the kicker 15 and audiobahns are my buddies not mine so no snide comments lol

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Actually I was wondering what kind of audiobahn's and how much you plan on selling the audiobahn's and the eclipse for.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Also what kind of brand's do they have up there. I was under the impression that it was all crap brands like legacy and sony
y

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 288
the audiobahns sound actually ok its 2 12's in a sealed box if i recall they are the AW122T and they take about 400 watts each

they are by no means the best subs though, anything over 100 or 120 for the combo im guessing he would take

the eclipse is an expensive sub, im not sure if i want to sell it or try to figure out something with it, i change my mind on my system like 20 times a week

Silver Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 289
they have everything up there from A-Z

from crap that no one has ever heard of to jl to stolen alpine in dash LCD's etc

there is a bunch of crap like legacy but also some nicer brands too

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Sweet! Just tell me wen you will be up there selling that stuff and I will try to go and check it out. I could probubly get one of my bud's to buy that audiobahn, if it has the name audiobahn on it and doesn't cost an arm or an leg, he wants it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2887
taylor, the newer Eclipse T1s and T2s are what replaced the 8100 series Eclipse Aluminums. I haven't heard the new ones yet, but if they're anything like the 8100s they're great. The 8100 series was awesome, great SQ and SPL. Work well in sealed or ported enclosures, underrated as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us