Sony 440w amp fuse problem

jpereira
Unregistered guest
i just hooked a used 440w sony amp up and it seems as soon the music comes on the green led on the amp called power goes off and a red one comes
i cant find a 40 amp auto fuse to replace the one in there but i did find some 30amp ones at candian tire.
it works for a bit but then it does the same thing as soon as the music goes for like 20 seconds
any ideas what this may be?
thanks for any help

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink187

Post Number: 28
cause of your fuse... you can goto walmart and find 40 amp fuses. the reason the fuse keeps blowing is because the amp is pulling too much power for the 30 amp fuse to handle. so put the 40 back in. thats good that you went for a less power fuse rather then a higher power one becuase that would have resulted in either a fire or damaging the amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Ginuwinepz

Post Number: 32
i had a sony 500 watt amp that did the same thing, i put new fuses in constantly, the fuses never were actually blown, but a new fuze would help make it work for a little bit, but it finally did it all the time, and never worked..i took it back

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 647
yea sony is notorious for extremly bad car audio...

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 48
Exactly. Sony and audiobahn just blend together into a nightmare. My friend has two XPlods with a Kenwood amp (what an awesome set up) and my 1 12"L7 with a sh!tty Boss Amp and it sounds better than his
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us