Cold subs

Bronze Member
Username: Djeter108

IN USA

Post Number: 46
I live in Indiana and we've got about 2 inches of snow on the ground and its still falling. In the morning my entire stereo sounds like sh!t. Is the cold damaging my sub or anything. I atleast take the HU out, which is all I can do. And I won't be parking in the garage until I finish working on my kitchen. So basically, how bad is cold for speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 59
WHAT?

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 49
It's cold outside, especially at night, and I park outside. Is the freezing a$$ cold hurting my speakers. I'm failing to see what's hard to understand abt the question.

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 61
sorry didnt mean to sound like a D%*K but that is just an odd ? I have noticed that if I get into my truck in the morning and it is really cold that it sounds better. I think it has to do with the humidity in the air and sound travel. Its just you are the first person I have heard that has said that so I kinda thought it was weird but what do I know.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 283
not sure. but it is possible you have a certain type of cone that could get moisture from the air on it and it could freeze causing damage or maybe it could be the coldness of the motor. i have heard it may be better to 'warm up' your speakers b4 u turn them on high.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 51
haha. yeah i know what you mean. My bass seams to hit a litter harder but it sounds sort of distorted until the car warms up, but I'm talkin when it's like 5 degrees outside

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 53
I figured i should do so, I warm up my system like I warm up the old engine.

Bronze Member

IN USA

Post Number: 54
oh and off the topic, i think i got frostbite when i was younger b/c now when ever i go outside w/o gloves on for more than a minute and its relatively cold, my hands start throbbing. anyway...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6775
the cold weather shouldn't hurt anything, but do try to let the car and stereo warm up a bit before turning it up much.
electronics always seem a bit sluggish in really cold weather when you first get into the car. just allow the devices and speaker coils some time at lower volumes to warm up a bit and you'll be fine.

I'm north of you in northern MI. it was 19 below here the other night and one of the Jeeps didn't even want to start, and while the alpine's display seemed a little sluggish in response for a few moments, it still played fine.
you should be ok.

Bronze Member

Ct

Post Number: 63
my jeep was the same way the other morning and my Alpine deck was running extremely slow thats funny.
James

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6819
yeah. the 94 (6cyl) was outside.. it took two key turns to get it to start which to me is a hard start haha
but the clutch was mushy, and it sounded a little sickly when it started up.. like it was grudgingly obliging my request to run haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us