Help with system

Username: Jbz

Tennessee USA

Post Number: 1
I'm new to the car audio thing so bear with me..
I have 2 Audiobahn AW1206T subwoofers and I am going get an Audiobahn A2300HCT amp. The subwoofers RMS Power Range is 50-1100 Watts, Peak Power Handling is 2200 Watts, and the impedance is 4 Ohm, now the amp has RMS Power Range 1200x2 Watts, Maximum Power is 2400 Watts, and at 1 Ohms Stereo it is 1200x2. My question is, is the amp powerful enough to run my 2 subwoofers and how much power can i put into each subwoofer?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 628
that amp should be fine with those subs, just set your gains right...or have a local shop install it all for you or install it and have them set your gains, ask a friend who knows what he's doing...

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 223
Yeah, the amp is perfect for the subs. Biggest problem is giving it enough current. Make sure you can feed your entire system about 200A! Wire the subs in parallel-parallel down to 1ohm to get it the most out of it, turn the bass boost down a little and set the gains to match with your deck's pre outs

Username: Jbz

Tennessee USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help guys..I'll let you know how it turns out here in the next few days..everything is being shipped as we speak..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us