Box Building

Username: Billybob

Post Number: 1
Can someone send me some plans for a custom box for two 12" Audiobahn Excusions subs and a kicker amp for a 2000 Grand Am. Send to Nolefan09@hotmail.com THanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6672
how much are you willing to pay for the work?

Username: Billybob

Post Number: 2
Well I was mainly looking for any designs out there... I know a guy who works with wood a lot building cabinets and Im sure he could make it for me. Im just open to suggestions on what would look good in that car

Username: Jeenyus_8

I have two 12" Alpine type S 1241D, and i want to build a box for them. Is there anyone who could help me out. There for a car, so i have lots of space.

Username: Josemigo

Maracaibo, Zulia Venezuela

I'm in the same position adam is, I have two 12" Mean Machine Autotek and I know a guy that makes awesome boxes and designs but he is not very good on calculating, I'm in Venezuela so it's harder for me, I need help or I'm not going to be able to install my system.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 614
try doing a google search for winISD. Its a sub box building program, input the parameteres on your sub from the sheet that came with your subs and it'll figure out the best box size and port size for you. You can even choose your sub from a list if available...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6700
designing a custom box is as much work as building it.
I've spent years doing both, and time is money, which was why I asked what the design was worth to you.
I offer advice for free here, but I'm not setting pens to paper to draw out box dimensions etc without something for the effort, just like I wouldn't walk into a mechanic's garage and ask him to diagnose the problem with my car for free so I could take it somewhere ense to get it fixed.
I hope that's understandable. There was a thread recently here with over 300 posts of people asking for box designs. Needless to say, very few if any got what they wanted.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 616
You're best bet would probably be to check out

www.bcae1.com

this site explains more or less everything you could ever need to know baout car audio, it'll teach you how to build a box, give you all the materials you need as well as tools. There are also numerous box building planers at various sites, google search it, yahoo it, just make an attempt, come up with something rough and i'm sure people here would be happy to help if you just have a few minor tweaks or problems.

A box can make or break or your sub so if you arent that great with craftsmanship, or desently mathmatically skilled, you have the potential to hurt your sub.

You cant just make a square and throw a sub in it and expect it to sound amazing, car audio just doesnt work that way.

As Glasswolf said, I'm not putting pen to paper to draw out box dimentions, theres probably 50+ skilled people have that have sucessfully and correctly built a box for themself or others on this site that would be happy to help if you take a little of the effort yourself and come up with a rough idea of what you're looking for...

Somethings to remember:

a 12 x 12 x 12" box (internal dimentions) will net you 1 cuFt of space

L" x W" x H" / 1728 = Total CuFt of our box (internal or external depending on your measurments)

others sites to look at :

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/syndicate/spboxnew2syndicate.htm

Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us