Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 33
I have narrowed it down to 3 component sets given my friend's budget:
RF FNP2614 - $70 including shipping
Kicker K6.2 - $100 including shipping
Infinity Reference 6000CS - $100 including shippin
Please do take in consideration that RF's are $30 less, so if the difference is negligible he'll take the 30bucks. Thanks all.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 538
Hey Oleg, here's my list in order of preference. RF ($60) is your first choice cause of price and performance. It has SN of 89.1db, with 40Hz - 22Khz. The only down side is the power, it's only 50W rms.
2nd choice is Infinity 6000cs. It has the best SN 92db, highest power 90W rms.
Kicker is last for having SN 88db, 75W rms and high price.
If your friend needs more power, then Infinity is your first choice.
Hope that helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 67
isaac, what do you think about the Crystal CPE60s? they are around $90 including shipping. i hear they make good speakers. thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
Hey JW, that's not a bad system. However, Oleg says that he can get Infinity 6000cs for $100 including shipping. That is a much better bargin.
The only thing I didn't like about Crystal is their frequency response. It's 80hz - 21Khz. You're losing out on low mid bass. Most are around 40hz - 50hz.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 42
Isaac, are you sure that below 80Hz is necessary for mids? You'd probably want to set the HPF even higher than that, no? I tried to get my minds to play those frequencies and all that did was produce some weak bass that duplicated the subs...didn't sound too good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 556
Hey Oleg, you don't need bass below 80Hz for the front, but I was just stating the spec of the speakers, that's all.
The Crystals are not that much cheaper compared to Infinity 6000cs, so since I have Infinity and they sound great, I'd go with Infinity.
I think I have my fronts set around 100Hz.

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 58
Thanks Isaac, your help is always on target and appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 70
good point isaac. i didnt even catch that. man, i'm torn on which components to buy. the 6000cs's sound pretty good huh?

Silver Member

Post Number: 585
I've listened and tried Pioneer/Sony/Kenwood and few others. So far Infinity beats hands down. The music is so clear in my car, it feels like home stereo. I have Infinity all around, front and rear.

Unregistered guest
If I buy a 4 channel amp and hookup the 2 tweeters and 4 door speakers... can the amp that came with jeep grand cherokee be used to power an external sub? Can it be crossed over?

Silver Member

Post Number: 911
That'll depend on the amp. If it's powerful enough to power a sub, then sure. If not, you might as well get a 5 channel amp instead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us