Amp combo

Username: Jdmb16

Post Number: 1
I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 900W Bridgeable 2-Channel MOSFET Amplifier with Selectable Bass Boost Model: P3002

Max power per channel: 900W @ 2 ohms
300W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, bridged
150W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms
75W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 4 ohms

I want to get a 12in HX2! But what one do i get for my amp to run at most power? Where is also a good place to get HX2's ? Thanks for your time and help!

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 633
not possitive but i dont think that 300rms is gonna power an HX2 very well, not possitive because i'm not a big fan of rockford

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I have 2 rockford hx2 10's, and they are powered by the rockford p8002 amp. With 400 watt's they sound good, that is under powering them by 100 watt's rms. I got both of my hx2's at www.sonicelectronix.com for 99$ a peace. I wouldn't go with much more power than 400 watt's, I have my gane on my amp turned all the way down. I am just using the sub control's in my head unit, and when the volume is turned up you can here the voice coils hiting. But I also have them in sealed boxes.

taylor17
Unregistered guest
If I remember right the 12 hx2 is 600 watt's rms and with that amp 1 12 hx2 with dule voice coils, you will only be puting 300 watt's to it. With 300 watt's that would sound ok, but you would need around 500 watt's for it to sound it's best. Go with a different sub or use that amp to power the speakers and get a biger amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us