Noise filters

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 113
How good do RCA noise filters work? Will it fix that RPM noise I get from the speakers when I have an amp connected?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6519
hat's caused by a ground loop usually, and not by the RCA cables.
you need to find a better ground point for one of your devices.. often the ehad unit

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6520
*head unit

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 117
Ok, Tried one of those Ground loop isolators yesterday and Not only did it block out the RPM hum, it basically blocked out all sounds leaveing it to sound like crap. The amp is grounded well so I guess I'll try grounding the headunit to something else then. Thanks glass for your help

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 883
Whoa, that's some ground loop isolator.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 118
lol yeah, Scosche was the make of it. Don't know if its defective or its suppose to be like that.

Anonymous

if your power cables are running next to your RCA's. it'll introduce engine noise in your speakers. check your cable setup.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 121
The power cables are wired on the right while the RCA's are on the left. So that shouldn't be the problem. I changed the ground wire But For some reason my Amp wasn't working today, It would show power but you hear nothing out of it. So gotta wait a couple days untill my other amp comes in to test the new ground on the headunit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us