Volfenhag

Anonymous
Has anybody listened to or own volfenhag subs and if so what size and how do they sound? I've heard a little bit about them and I'm curious to hear some opinions. Thanks

budman
Awsome, Volfenhag subs and amps are very,very good they sound great and hit very hard. My cousin had 2 12inch volfenhag subs in a ford bronco and blew out one of his side windows.

Anonymous
I heard some, they were on an 800w amp and they impressed the heck out of me.

u retard, dinglelick it is so friggin unbelievably impossible to blow out any window with to twelves you butthopping stupid dick sniffing fairy!!!!!

motoman22
"My cousin had 2 12inch volfenhag subs in a ford bronco and blew out one of his side windows."

LOL! It wasn't long ago that the loudest truck in the world was a Bronco. It had I think 40 12" subs and something like 12,000 watts...he never blew out a window. The only way 12" subs will blow windows out is by throwing the speakers through them...as hard as you can.

Thanks for the laugh though..

Car audio God
idiots... ive been installing car audio for 4 years now and i know its highly unlikely for 2 12's to bust a window. But it totaly depends on the location and airspace of the sub. plus that bronco had reinforced glass all the way around. i have whitnessed 3 15' rockford fosgate power hx2 subs bust glass running at 800watts apiece. As far as Volfenhag goes the 12' DVC is a very well rounded sub they are distortion free even at close to peak power handling. But i wouldent push them too hard id keep it around 600watts. best with a sealed box. but my sub of choice right now for busting stuff up is the 18' soloX from kicker (10,000watt max) but it will run you close to 1,800 dollars. They are great attention getters. Later

Anonymous
these subs blew on me within 72 hours, they were in an open box, can that make a diffrence if they blow or not?

atmospherehits
i have 2 12inch volfenhags powered by a lanzar 1000 watt amp and they pound harder than my friend's 2 hx2s with a 1200 watt audiobahn amp. And i paid like half what he did.

Steve
I have two 12" volfenhag subs powered by a 1600 watt amp. They sound just fine considering they are running out of my cd player with only one pre- amp output, id have to say those of you who actually think those subs could break out a windshield are retards. If it pops your trunk open then you have a shitty trunk. Im pretty satisfied with my purchase.

nvssrt4
i just bought 2 10inch volfenhag subs..i heard them in a friends car and i was blown away...freakin awesome...

oh..lol...anyone know a good amp to power these subs...2 10' 800 watts....400 rms?

Hydro
LMAO u were blown away by 2 10" Volvenhags

Tired of Punks Posing as Pros
caraudiogod, I have to call you on this one.

"idiots..."

How professional of you.

"ive been installing car audio for 4 years..."

So you DO claim to be a professional. I doubt that, your willingness to judge and call others 'idiots' would make me fire you on your first day. Considering the caliber of person you deal with daily in retail car, audio you just couldn't handle it if you can't handle these questions without calling people 'idiots.'

"...now and i know its highly unlikely for 2 12's to bust a window."

Unlikely my a$s, it's not possible. I CHALLENGE you to find me ANY verifiable claim that someone cause any sort of automotive glass breakage using two 12" woofers in an automobile as anything other than a hammer.

"But it totaly depends on the location and airspace of the sub."

No it doesn't, the only thing it totally depends on is your ability to smash the speaker into the glass.

"plus that bronco had reinforced glass all the way around."

Wrong again, it had an armored car windshield, that is the extent of his glass modifications. It wasn't done to prevent it from breaking, it was done for rigidity purposes. His engineer's name is Mark, want his number?

"i have whitnessed 3 15' rockford fosgate power hx2 subs bust glass running at 800watts apiece."

Really...where? Who? When?

BACK IT UP OR IT'S JUST A MYTH.

Sparky_420
Tell your friend to put new glass in his truck and blow it out again videotape it and send me the tape and if you can show me that he really did it ill pay for his next window

zacdavis
tiredofpunksposingaspros, your to quick to judge man. the guy probably has been installing 4 years.
big deal, i bet the punchs may have broke the window, it may have been cracked prior to it breaking. then again you may be right, he and others could be full of it. i'm comin up on 30 in the next couple years, i've been installing for 10 years and have owned my own store for 3 now, i've seen it all. and yes, it is basically unheard of to have windows break, however, if you would like me to prove it to you, i Can back it up. first we must start with a dodge charger(shelby, turismo, the little 2.2 two door version of the horizon). now, that car, it has very very very cheap thin glass. try to picture the back window, ah, it's coming to you isn't it? yes the back hatch glass is very long. no bulls#it, with the right components, if you stand eye level with the side of the car you car see daylight between the hatch seal. this car's back glass will break under the right conditions, i know, i did it. call me on it. i'll tell my exact system at that time. later friend.

Username: Shisnic

Post Number: 2
for the volfenhag 12''s doe i need a prted box or sealed

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 43
I wouldn't own anything by Volfenhag. they make cheap shiny junk that usually fails within a year of purchase. that's my two cents there.
as for sealed or ported, look at the Thiele-Small parameters, and calculate the EBP for the subs as follows:
Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP)
EBP = Fs / Qes
50 or less = best used in a sealed enclosure.
50 - 90 = flexible enclosure options.
90 or greater = best used in ported enclosure.

"it's not possible. I CHALLENGE you to find me ANY verifiable claim that someone cause any sort of automotive glass breakage using two 12" woofers"

I did this in a fellow co-worker's car when I worked as an installer in a shop. He had an old first-generation Acura Integra hatchback, and I built an angled bandpass enclosure for two 12" Orion XTR 12" subs, and drove them with an Orion 280GX. The sub slot-vents were tuned to 50Hz and sat just below the rear window, and after he was playing with it for a while, the SPL and resonation from the subs blew the rubber seal out of the back window and the rear window along with it.
In another instance I set up two twelves in the back of an older Firebird (mid 80s model) with quite a bit of power, and a box tuned to 30Hz. That one crached about 3 rear windows at IASCA events. Mind you that car had a high output alternator to drive those amps though.
It can be done, but in over ten years of installing, it's only happened a couple times. Usually cracking glass is caused more by resonant frequency more so than raw SPL. I've been in vehicles hitting over 160dB and nothing broke. If something does break, you can usually attribute it to secondary causes.

best of luck

Username: Booya

Post Number: 2
Hi,Im really glad i came upon this forum. I have a few questions...to anybody that really knows what they'r talking about... I have been closely looking at volfenhag subs perticularly the ZX-4710 and ZX-4712 and amps for the last week on the internet. Comparing the price and performance (im an amature and have little knowledge on this matter) with other subs and amps they seem to be a great deal. I know the golden rule "you get what you pay for" holds true to everything. I was just trying to keep the 2 subs and amp around 3 or 4 bills. And I would also like for the subs to be able to hit that low freq. I guess around 25hz is good??? Oh, I will also be putting this concoction in the back of a 99 chevy silverado, standard cab pickup (not extended). Is this overkill? would it even fit? Im completely open as im still much confused on how I should do this. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I HAVE ONE VOLFENHAG SUB IT HANDLES 1200 WATTS I
HAVE IT FOR 6 MONTHS IT IS GREAT I HAVE A
VOLFENHAG AMP ALSO EVERYTHING WORKING JUST FINE
JUST BECAUSE IT DONT HAVE A NAME LIKE KENWOOD
DOESNT MEAN IT ISNT GOOD

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 733
volfenhag and kenwood are both poor quality in my view.

Lonnie, get your caps lock key fixed, please.
I think maybe that was made by volfenhag, too.

Anonymous

tiredofpunksposingaspros you've only benn installing car audio for 4 years?do you think that makes a god or something?you seem to have an answer for everything.so when is the world going to end?

Anonymous

there is no way that a pair of 12's blew out a window.....unless the window was cracked in some other way and the subs just made it spread.....

i have one S12L5 in a sealed box and it made a crack run about 5-6 inches in a weekend but not blow out.....mostlikle this is what happened in your case.....u could only see a small place near mw right wiper blade when the truck threw the rock and made the crack but on the way the Natchez,Ms it ran an inch....thats only about 25 min of the sub playing. in my 98 ext cad chevy truck....
its been about a month now and the crack is now about 2 ft long....kinda need a new windshield too!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us