GlassWolf help needed

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 97
Say I'm gonna get 2 Sony Xplods(the pentagons)they handle 350 rms, and 1200 watt max,they r also 4 ohms what would be the best amount of power to supply both with, and with what amp/amps.
(are they actually 4 ohms or are they tested at 4 ohms?)meaning that they can actually handle 700 rms and 2400 max at 2 ohms?)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
forget the the last thing i said i dont know what made me say something so stupid...

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
anybody?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 556
Ohms has no relation to power handling. Ohms is an electrical reading of power resistance. The lower the ohm load on an amp the more power (potentially) is can put out. Say i get an Xbrand 4 ohm DVC sub that is 500 rms. I'm gonna need an amp that will run about 500rms x 1 @ 2ohms to power the sub.

Now to answer your question... Those sony's can handle 350rms continously, so 350 x 2 is 700rms for the pair, you'll need an amp that can do about 700rms x 1 at 2 ohms because you'll have 2 single 4 ohm subs wire them to get a 2 ohm load.

So look for somthing about 700-800rms, 700 being best but 800 should be fine if your careful with the gains and dont crank up the bass from your headunit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
so I need a 2 channel 700 watt amp?
and im gonna wire them by putting the positive of one of the subs to the positive terminal, the negative to the positive of the other sub then put
the negative of that sub in the negative terminal?
In bridged?

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
or should i give each sub there own seperate channel?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 560
it'll probably be a whole lot easier to find an amp that puts out 350-400 x 2 at 4 ohms then an amp that puts out 700 x 1 at 2 ohms, depends on your budget...

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1192
600x1 @ 2 ohm is just fine for those subs...they overexcursed with 500w on a pair w\in one of my friends cars...they dont handle alot of power and dont get loud at all doing it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us