Pimpmyride

Bronze Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Post Number: 51
Did you guys see the Power Titanium subwoofer's they used? R those really the hardest hitting subs you can get?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 552
They'll hit hard, but there are subs in my opinion that can/will/do hit harder....Adire Brahma, RE X.XX , Eclipse Ti, Depends alot on what kinda power you run to these thigns....

On a side note, i've always wondered if they upgrade hte alternator...

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 78
do any body know the xmax on one of the rf titaniums

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 32
Yeah, the sub was only a T1 too. But the T2 is probably one of the hardest hitting sql subs along with the brahma x.x.x. etc.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1193
i would definately not even come close to classifying RF subs to brahmas, idmax, and the rest of the SQL super subs

btw, RF subs have zero SQ...they just get loud and in my mind, only a step up from audiobahn SQ

to answer your question, NOT EVEN CLOSE to the hardest hitting subs...i saw that episode and i laughed til i peed my pants lol..atleast xzibit corrected him and told him to not lie

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 81
lmfao

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6550
Jeff, no they generally don't.
they add batteries at best.
I think their budget is a bit strapped on that show.
Shows like Overhaulin' go balls out though on car builds. They upgrade pretty much anything they think they need to when they do a build.
Granted you're looking at a 60min show done by Chip Foose compared to a 30min show on MTV though.
Most MTV viewers don't even know what they're looking at to be honest., and the show cuts out nearly all of the real work, like the paint stripping, bodywork, etc.
they probably spend a couple weeks alone doing the body restoration on most of those junk piles they take in, but I guess it's sort of like feeding the homeless. Ya don't do it expecting to meet claudia schiffer. ya do it (for ratings!) to improve the current situation as much as you can within reason.

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 85
but glass imagine all the poor souls that after watching that show went out and wasted around 500 dollars buying those subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 69
I have seen them add yellow top batteries... Thats all. They do some cool things... Just with some low to midgrade speakers! I also seen the episode with the RF subs... They also said they were like a $1000 a piece... I laughed so hard!!! I think they need to find a different supplier.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6556
for that much they could have had Eclipse Ti subs instead.. hehe

Ya know they showed that one Viet-Namese kid with his 240SX (Sylvia? puh-lease.. that's the company's name for that body style of car, just like Ford called the 80's mustangs "fox bodies." He didn't "name" his car that.. dork.)
Anyway, the way he used double sided tape to put on that cheapass eBay bodykit he had, and the corvette dash pad, the wrong racing seat, etc.... that's EXACTLY the way I picture the majority of people who ask for help with their pyramid and power acoustik gear. just... like... that.
lol

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 86
naw i tihnk they get all that stuff for free. For like promotions and stuff the company gives it to them to advertise on tv.

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 87
speaking of the Eclipse.... glass i awas thinking of getting 1 15" eclpise ti. what are your inpuits on tthose subs. Do they provide major spl. It says they move 44.45mm one way. So as you can tell from my username i love bass. And i was wondering could these subs put me over the 140db mark

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 70
Glass, What amp would you reccomend fro three 12" Alpine Type X's?

TrueBlue187
Unregistered guest
i got 2 12 L7 in a custom box, what amp should i get to run them ,and show it be a 2 channle or mono? thanks

Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 1
hey bass lova...that sub will def push you ova 140 db...im running in my camaro a 10 inch eclipse ti..2 10 inch kicker comp vrs..2 15 inch jlw0's and running on 4 interfire IB2950C and spent only 400 dollers for everything...my system easily pushes ova 140 db....ive never had it tested before though..how can i get it tested...and how do i install multiple batteries..i hate the new alternator deal...and the subs they said were the best...wow i laughed until i pissed myself...morons...

Post Number: 2
i forgot to add....the single ecplise i have can be heard ova everything else i have...its amazing

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 355
sounds like you've got a system that prolly has more cancellation than compression.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6566
basslova, fantastic sub. it may very well put you at 140+ if you give it enough power, and put it in the right box, but those subs aren't cheap.. nor will the amp be to feed it well enough to perform as it should. those subs love a lot of juice.

Stan, I haven't really messed around with the type X subs that much.. depending on the load of each sub, probably an alpine mrd1001 on each sub.

trueblue, it totally depends on the coil setup for the two subs. if each sub is a dual 4 ohm coil model, use a kicker kx1200.1 on the pair of subs. that'll be over 600wRMS per sub @ 1 ohm.

dan, that isn't surprising.
the eclipse Ti is a high end sub.
the CompVR is a middle of the road, economy sub to be honest, and the W0 is JL's low excursion, low lower entry level product line. Neither of the subs mentioned could come close to a Ti, and that'd be obvious by the power handling and power requirements for each sub comparitively.
Also, please don't make claims to SPL until you've gotten the system metered professionally at a shop or at an event, using the proper termlabs mic and RTA equipment. A lot of people think a system is loud when it's hitting 130dB. What it feels like and what it may really be, can be pretty different. How much power are you giving to each of your what, 6 subs? what sort of enclosures?
does each sub or pair of subs have it's own air space or are they all combined into one common enclosure?

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
i think dan should build a box for the 2 15wo's and call it a day, those two subs would be louder than all of them combined for obvious reasons, most importantly time alignment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
or buy a second eclipse and use just those

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6576
yeah given the option I'd take the pair of Ti 10" subs, given the right amount of power for them.
great detail. very nice, accurate subs.
the 15W0 is a nice sub, but they tend to reach peak too quickly for my tastes.

Post Number: 8
yea i agree....i want the two 10's but i cant get a cheap one right now...everything i have right was given to me from a friend(the two kickers),came with the car(the two jlw0's),and i bought the eclipse for $150 dollers...im running the two kickers with a interfire IB2950C...each jlw0 gets its own one of those and the eclipse gets its own as well...my power supply is a new 200v alternator and a yellow cap battery..forgot the name lol...and the boxes are...the kickers are in a custom kicker box together...dont know size...the 2 15's have seperate boxes...dont know sizes either...friend built them and gave them to my...both are sealed boxes and the eclipse is in a ported box that i built...also dont know size lol...im not good with diong this stuff..im just trying to mangle my own stuff togther anyway i can get it to fit...but i want to get another cheap 10 inch eclipse...any where i can get it cheap...any suggestions

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 93
about how much power will i need to power 1 15" ti

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2795
basslova, the subs are pretty well underrated, I'd personally put around 1000W RMS or a little more on them.

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 94
alright thanx

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6582
dan try ebay for a Ti.
put each of two Ti 10" subs in a box about 1cu foot sealed, or 1.5cu ft vented.
then give each sub about 500-800wRMS
that's all you'll need for subs.
you can then sell the CVR and W0 subs to someone to recoup some coin for the amps or second sub. :-)

other option is to sell all of the subs and amps, and look at using one Ti 15" or 18" in the car, with about 1200wRMS driving it.
you'd want about 3 or 3.5cu ft for the box, respectively for one of those subs.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2805
"sounds like you've got a system that prolly has more cancellation than compression."
BTW, I was thinking the same thing lol :-).

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6586
one of the reasons I'm of the KISS mindset.
keeping the system as simple as possible while still delivering everything you want is one key to avoiding complications when it all comes together.
the more speakers you have, the more you have to deal with phase shift, cancellation, imaging and soundstage, etc.. and the more signal processing you have to use to make it all work together the way it should.
That means time, money, space, and more that can go wrong when it counts, which is usually in the lanes at events.

My current system uses 3 amps and 8 speakers.
Richard Clark's GN used 6 speakers total in his pro circuit IASCA winning setup. that, if I recall, was made up of two compression horns, two midbass drivers, and two subs.
all of which were custom built for him.
very simple system, but it was a terrific setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yea...thats a question i have....is it possible to build your own sub somehow lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2809
I believe the current IASCA champ used a similar setup, he had two JL IB10s, two Image Dynamics comp. horns, and some 15" JL (I think W3) subs.

Bronze Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 98
Dan its possible to build your own sub but you'll have to know virtually everything about them first to get them to sound close to right

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6606
yes you can build your own subs.
you'd be well to do with a degree in engineering, probably mechanical, as well as a good understanding of acoustic engineering and physics.
After that, you'd want to have a load of money for R&D, and connections with companies who can fabricate the parts you design to build the final product.

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 34
World Record SPL holder Team Creative Acoustics use a sub they built themselves.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us