Was i fuken riped off

scurp031
Unregistered guest
well i got 2 12inch audiobahn aw12o8t and need a amp please recommend a amp 4 me im clueless are thay EVEN good subs i paid $500 for subs inside a enclosed 12inch box with strobe i havent bought a amp yet help me
was i riped off how high r the db's

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 334
i did a 153 point somethin with only two of those exact subs, and thats on the termlab sensor, on an audiocontrol mic it would be around a 156 or 157. i had two z1x 3000d amps strapped running them in a crx. those subs will slam, i dont know about the price however. but you give them the right power and enclosure you'll be more than happy.
but what do i know

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 72
how did the 2 subs sound and also how much were you pusing to each sub

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 342
a little over 5000rms, and at 153+db sound quality is kinda non existent, its to loud, but at lower volumes they sounded pretty good, but i did have my box tuned rather high for competing.
i could do 4 or five burps in a row before having to let them cool down. they will break if you were too play them much longer than that with this kind of power, so be carefull if your out streat beatin with that amount of juice, honestly for streat beatin i'd recomend to have under 2000 rms on the pair to avoid any problems.
dont let anyone tell u those subs are crap, i know for a fact they get louuuuuuuuuuuuuudddd!!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6533
that's great if loud is all you're after I guess.
if that was the case though, I'd just cut the mufflers off my car and stick an air hammer in the back seats :-)
hehe

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 23
Hey scurp, I have one aw1208t in a 2.5 cubic foot slot ported box being pushed by a 1600 watt rms audiobahn a2200hct amp that is 1 ohm stable and that thing really slams hard. I could not imagine having two of those in my car. If you go to audiobahninc.com, those subs should NOT be put in a sealed enclosure. They really move some air, and I think that it also sounds pretty good. Yeah, its not the best brand out there by far, but for the money, I think that they are really good. I got mine from a seller on ebay with a really good feedback rating of 99.4% for about $175 shipped. So, if you paid $500 for two, then yeah, you did get ripped off. Mine was sealed in the original factory wooden box. This seller has more for sale for the same price. If you could send your two back and get your money back, I could tell you who he is, if you are interested.
Peace out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us