Need Component Selection Help

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 96
Ok I drive a Ford Focus Hatch. Up fron I have holes for a 6"x8" speaker. I would like to know what size components I could put up there? I have a JL Audio 300/4 Amp running 75 watts RMS to each of the front door speakers. Right now I have a set of Jbl C608GTi Components up there but with the adapter plate they're too big and hit against my door panels. What I'm trying to get at is if I go with a 5 1/4" set will I get a similiar sound quality from them. What do you gusy reccomend I get. Also keep in mind that I'm on a budget so nothing more than Infinity Kappa Perfects.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6400
I'd put 6.5" separates in the doors, myself.
6x8s suck.

those 6.1s go new on ebay for $200/set.
you can find the Kappas cheaper if desired.

Username: Choir_boy

Va U.s.

Post Number: 1
Hey. Need serious help on deciding whether or not installing pods for putting two additional 8' diamond subs in front side doors is the right thing to do.One guy (a dealer), told me that it would sound good while another told me it would be a serios waste of money. The first guy also was going to install a component set of diamond m6's right above it along with maybe some 6.5's on the side.(Also a Memphis amp to power it). I did want some extra bass up front but I wanted to know would it still sound clear or would I be wasting my time and money.? Any suggestions would be extremely helpful and any other ideas as to what could bring my system a cut above would be awesome. I drive a Land Rover Discovery and I am very much a rookie at this,thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6439
if it were me, I'd put 8" midbass drivers in pods in front, and leave the subs in back.
those midbass drivers combined with a component set would give great kick-bass and fill in between a 6.5" mid and 12" or larger subs.

I wouldn't bother with subs in kickpods though.. especially not if you have subs in the car already.
keep the imaging and soundstage clean, and isolated.
don't muddy it up by slapping speakers into every available space.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us