Sub Box Questions

iamduff
Unregistered guest
ok i am going to make a custom box for my V-Max. It will be 2.6 cu ft and tuned around 34-36 i believe. anyway the question i have is how much will that normall cost for jsut the materials. (wood, carpet, glue, and clips for wire(cant remember the name) also i will have the front piece doubled to give a flush mount look to the sub)

also another question i have i thought about when designing my box...if i made 1 large port instead of the two smaller ones im using. could i possible mount a mirror and a music pulsing neon inside the box? how would that end up working out?? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 271
bump ... glass what you think ??

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 60
People put mirrors in sub enclosures all of the time. I assume a bandpass box with a plexiglass (acrylic) front cover... The most expensive thing is gonna be the plexi and MDF. The rest of the stuff is pretty cheap. Few bucks each. Do you have the tools?? There is a site that makes custom Acrylic Enclosures... Pretty cool.

http://www.gatelyaudio.com/

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 272
well i was thinking more like a regular box with carpet. i am going to have a friend who is taking woods do the construction for me but im buying the pieces. what price range do you think it would be w/o the mirror/neon.

glass do you think the mirror in the back of the port with a neon in there would work ... and do you think it would look dumb? lol

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 30
i built my own slanted port box aobut a couple of months ago, it only cost me about 50 for everything, but i also had all my own tools. u could put neon inside to view from the port but make sure its a good brand cus mine broke inside due to the thump. ha

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 31
also, make sure u have every exact inch and know what each side is gonna take cus u can save alot by cutting multi pieces off one mdf board.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 274
yea i have all of the exact dimensinos. i drew the box on auto-cad in school.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us