SQ-SPL ?

Bronze Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 13
THE KIND OF BASS THAT YOU CAN HEAR/ FEEL THA WALLS VIBRATING 50 FT AWAY- WHAT KIND IS IT? SPL OR SQ? i have an mtx 9500 that i thought would sound about the same as my friends 13w7, but it doesnt. i think my mtx sucks a*s. we tried both 13w7 and mtx with the same amp and they are both two diff types of bass. i can hear the mtx inside the car but can't feel it outside . the 13w7 on the other hand i can feel 50 feet away. why? is this spl/sq sh**t? wich is spl and wich is sq?

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 16
some one help i'm in desperate help to replace my brand new 4 day old mtx 9500 wich i think stinks. i need a sub NOW!!!!

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 17
help

Bronze Member
Username: Mrrogers

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 11
how much did you pay for the mtx?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6328
calm down.
the W7 is a better sub than the 9500 to be honest.
That has a lot to do with the reason.
The W7 also costs a lot more.

the comparison MTX uses to make the 95xx look so great compared to a W7 compares the smallest subs they both offer in that line.
When you move to larger subs, the W7 clearly stomps the MTX in just about every aspect, and especially in real world results.

It's really just a matter of getting what ya pay for I guess.
If you've got about $400 per sub though I can recommend some good equals to a W7.
You'll also need 600-1000+ watts per sub, RMS.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 501
The 9500 should hit though, how much power are you running to it? You may want to check your box specs as well, the 9500 isnt the best sub out there but its up there in price and you may want to persue other roads then just putting that sub in your closet and buying a whole new setup, make sure your box specs are right as well as gains set properly, just because the gain for his 13W7 is at one level does not mean that your sub will perform the same, maybe it needs a touch higher...theres are more factors then just amp power. Just a thought before you drop another couple hundreds of dollars....also the car has alot to do with it, internal insulation plays a big role

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 20
ok glass what equal sub to a 13w7 would you recomend? and loughrey, we both have the same type of cars - f150 supercrews-on the same amp wich is an mtx 1501 we fooled around with the settings and all that but the 13w7 still sounded better (i think). dont get me wrong the mtx 9500 bumps but i cant hear/ feel it half a block away but i can deffin feel/hear da 13w7 half a block away. thats why i was asking whats sq and spl. clearly they're both 2 diff types of bass. the mtx gives more detailed bass and hard hitting an d da 13w7 gives bass not as detailed but its smooth and softer and that can be heard/felt 1 block away. pls explain to me wich is what type of bass. help

Username: Help_2

MN

Post Number: 6
SQ= sound quality(pleasing to the ear)
SPL= Sound pressure level(loud)
SQL= a stupid term for a combination of both... :-)

I was under the impression that you can
only hear the bass INSIDE the car youre in....
If youre looking to impress other people
Youve got to grow up a little...no offence...
most people dont care how loud your stereo is...
especially if youre annoying them.

Bronze Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 22
point taken, help2, but my f150 supercrew is only an occasinal driver

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6416
if you want to go head to head with that W7, look at a RE triple X and feed it 1000-1500 watts RMS of good clean power per sub.
www.reaudio.com

I use two 12" in my car with 1280 watts each.
they're fantastic subs for both raw SPL and for quality and detail.

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 98
Would the 1000/1 jl amp be strong enough to power 2 12" triple X's in parallel?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Or would the Orion-1200D be a better choice for the triple X's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
O yea, dang stupid no edit. How did you wire your subs Glass? Did you wire the coils in parallel and then the subs in series or vice a versa? Either way, 2 triple X's with the standard 2ohm dvcoils would wire up to 2 ohms, right? If that is correct, then the jl amp should fair a bit better than the orion amp and if that is wrong, then the orion better than the jl, correct? Zapco amps are a bit too much for me right now, so I've given up on them for the moment =(.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6453
the JL 1000/1 would work for one RE XX.X 12"
sinec output is regulated, you'd need one amp per sub.
each RE needs at least 1000 watts to work well.

The 2250SX is a 2 channel amp with internal bridging mode.
I bridged two 2250SX amps, and wired the coils of the RE subs in series to get a 4 ohm load from each sub, then I put one 4 ohm sub on each amplifier for a total of about 1280wRMS x 1 @ 4 ohms each @ 14.4VDC

my third 2250SX is run in stereo at 4 ohms for 250w x 2 @ 4 ohms for the DynAudio System 360 fronts.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6454
Using the Orion 1200D, you'd want two of the amps.
one per sub.
then you'd want to order the subs special, as dual 4 ohm coil versions.

I think it's an extra $25 for the option.

Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 6
glasswolf...i think your fogetting eclipse's...they tear w7's apart...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6565
the Ti and Ti pro subs are good.
there are plenty of subs that are equal to or better than a W7.
it's a matter of what you want and what you're willing to spend.

an Eclipse Ti is a lot more money than a 9512 from MTX, or even the RE XX.X so unless he's got a lot to blow on the subs to beat his friend's W7, he may want to avoid those subs.
I didn't forget them however. I've worked with Eclipse for a long time. good stuff, always.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 356
i dont think glass has forgotten anything:-)

Username: Subfanatic

Post Number: 9
i dont think so either...he is very knowledgable with this stuff...glass..id like to talk to you alot more if you have an aim sn youd like to give me...you could teach me alot...lol thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us