Box placement

ArandomKid
Unregistered guest
i have two kenwood 12" subs...now i bought these because i dont need anything super loud, or anything to blow other systems out of the water, i wanted just enough to give me some bass in the car to compliment my music. now i know kenwoods arent the loudest and best subs, but will they be good for what i want to use them for? and also, would placing the box right at the back seat, facing forward...like towards the cabin of the car, give me better bass than putting it facing the trunk lid? each sub will be getting 200 RMS...which i figure should be more than enough for a little bit of bass. i wanna be able to turn my music up to around 30 on my HU without distortion

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 317
try sub palcement both ways. You haven't said what type of car you have, that might help. Does the back seat fold down? That helps some. But if you just after bass to compliment I wouldn't worry bout that very much. Just try the subs both ways. it's up to you and what you like in the end.

ArandomKid
Unregistered guest
i have a 95 civic LX, 4 door sedan, 1.5L non vtec...but has quite a bit of mods..none that im going into toooo deeply...but to give u an idea...does the name turbonetics ring a bell to anyone? but yeah...my back seats fold down, so it would just be speakers going straight into the cabin

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 46
Try facing them to the lid. My friend has a civic and it sounds best there IMO. Also may want to consider downfiring... But probably not

ArandomKid
Unregistered guest
about how far should i put the box from the back of the trunk? its a sealed box BTW

oh yeah, and i feel like an idiot...but what does IMO mean haha

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 48
IMO=In My Opinion
Back as far as you can

ArandomKid
Unregistered guest
alright, so if i could fit the box say, right where the backseat folds up and meets the trunk compartment..put it there?

ArandomKid
Unregistered guest
oh yeah, will i be able to feel the bass inside my car with 200RMS to each sub?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6367
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/aiming.htm
good FAQ

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 507
i've got 2 L5's at 200 rms each and i can definatly feel it...i cant wait for the feeling from my 1000 watts going to an X.XX....oh god
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us