Could my port be too big???

Anonymous

i have 1 10" L7 and i am building a ported box for it. i need to know i building the port area too big will hurt SPL? would it cause the box to not "load" correctly?

i was going to make a 6in or 8in PVC port in my box, would this be too large of a port area? it is just going to be used for SPL.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 75
it could be, but thats what happens when u take it up the rear end.

:-)

lol - just go to the kicker site - and take a look at their box specs.

Unregistered guest
It's all in ur trunk. If you could make one that fits half of the trunk it would be good.Then put the sub in the middle of the box in it should sound good. you my want to slant the front mount were the sub goes so you can get better sound. But if your sub is 1200 watts of peak amd has 600 watts of rms. You would need a 600 watt amp cause its all in the rms so your coil wont get lose and blow of the sub. And it should sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 316
like paddy said just check with your sub manufacturer and see what they recommend. But off hand a 6 or 8 in port sounds rather large for a 10" sub.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 500
yea that does seem pretty big, try more like a 4" port, i know kicker has ported box designs on there site or with the booklet that comes with your L7
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us