Looking for a good set of compos JON , GLASSWOLF

Bronze Member
Username: Virulentv

Post Number: 39
guys i'm looking for a nice set of components in my 95 Honda Accord. want to concentrate more on the midbass and not too much on highs as my 6x9 pioneers in the back are too much for that(they got super tweeter $hit in em). budget is around $300 for the compos. please donot advise anything my infinity, i think they believe too much in highs. also advise cheap amp solution for the compos. i got a 12" ID MAX with hifonics brutus 1000d in the back.

jon and glass ur advise has made me buy the best.
thanks a lot

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6283
in my honest opinion, I'd use a low pass filter on those rear 6x9s, and cut them off around 5KHz. that'd dampen them down a bit so the rear isn't so bright. This will graetly improve your imaging and the soundstage with decent front components.

In the $300 range, look at the CDT CL-61 separates.
They're about $250 if I recall, on thezeb.com
very good speakers. Rainbow's Profi line may fit the bill too, but you need to locate an Arc Audio dealer to get Rainbow speakers in the US.
amp, you'll want something around 50-75wRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms for the components front and rear.
I'd look perhaps at the Kicker KX600.4
Zapco has a 4 channel Reference amplifier that has similar specs for around $350 as well, but the model eludes memory.
check zapco.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us