Help with line out convertoer

Username: Littleman

Post Number: 1
OK I KNOW I CANT SPELL IT BUT I RAN IN FROM THE BACK SPEAKERS NOW IM NOT GETTING ANY SOUND TO MY SUBS i mean theres bass every now and then but nothin like when i ran it off the hu in my last car only hear it once and a while but what im asking is could i have the rca mixed up or is it nit grounded well please help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6425
so you ran an LOC from your rear speakers, and connected that LOC to an amp for subs, but you're not getting any bass.
Most likely the LOC isn't the right one for that system, or something isn't set right.
it could be a lot of things really.

Post Number: 2
i bought it from circuit city they said it would work i got 2 1000 lanzar 12s and a 500 watt mtx amp what im asking is could i have the loc hooked up wrong cause im not geting any noise out of the subs but a little thump here and there thats what i meant i was tired last night

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6460
CC is notorious for not knowing what they're doing.
trust me on that one.

what make and model is the car, and what year?
is this a premium factory system, or just a standard non-amplified sort of factory radio?
If this is a premium or amplified system, you need a special module to adapt and tap into the system to get a clean line level signal.
let me know so I can advise from there.

Post Number: 3
its just a facotry non amoed system and the car is a 1998 ford tarus i owuld of out a after market cd player in it but the dash kit cost around 80$

Muskegon, Michigan

Post Number: 4
or could you just tell me how to hook one up so i cann see if i did it right

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6476
you just wire the LOC to the rear speaker wires.
it should have had directions with it.

Muskegon, Michigan

Post Number: 5
ok well i think its the ground see the loc had a wire that say for a ground ststem run this wire with ground ciuld that be the problem

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6484
did you ground it?
if you didn't then yeah that'd pretty much be the problem.

Muskegon, Michigan

Post Number: 7
ok will try if that dont work will take it to tech audio in grand haven and see what they can do

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6493
haha
grand haven. that's about 45 minutes from me if I recall. lol

I wish we had more high end shops around here. I have to go to Saginaw or GR to find much in the way of decent shops. Ah well. off to ann arbor Friday for the day.
get to look at toys there if I get the time.

Muskegon, Michigan

Post Number: 8
do you have a aim name so i can chat with yay for a min got some queation i want some quick reposces to

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6494
I try to avoid sharing that stuff on forums, because I end up with a hundred people adding me, and no free time or privacy at that point.
nothing personal.
it's like putting e-mail addresses in open forums. it invites a ton of unsolicited mail.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us