Front and rear speaker question

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 56
i already have perfect 5.1's comps and i am planning to get some polk 5 1/4 comps for my 95 cherokee? im getting q-logic speaker kick panels. if it makes a diff, which set should be in the rear and which in the front. round 50W rms to each also.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2875
I'd personally put the Perfects up front and the Polks in back. You could also consider putting just the Polk mid in the rear, and the Polk tweeter up front(higher, such as the A-pillar or dash). This way when you attenuate the rear, it'll also cut the Polks tweeter level down. The effect that it would have would be to raise the soundstage a little and not detract from the SQ, and you'd have the rears crossed over in the optimal rear fill region as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
what do u mean attenuate haha and do u mean the infinity and polk tweeters on hte pillars but the polks higher

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2879
I meant you could install the Infinities in the kick panel pods, and the Infinity tweeter in the kick pods as well. Then, the Polk tweeter could be installed up higher such as the dash or A-pillar. That way, when you fade out the rear, you're also making that Polk tweeter quieter, that way you don't just hear the tweeters, and it'll add ambience and raise the soundstage without affecting the SQ of the Infinities.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
i might take u up on that, it makes sense, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us