Legal Question

drb223
Unregistered guest
Hi,
Does anyone have a site where they have the laws on dvd in the dash while moving. Is there a federal law or is it statewide?I saw one site that has state laws, but some states had no laws and I was just wondering if that was correct? I also saw some one on ebay claiming that it was illigal in all 50 states to watch dvd in clear view of the driver while moving. sorry to post this in subwoofer section, but not many people look in the video section.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 506
yes that would be correct, it is illegal to watch a DVD that is in clear view of the driver, thats why if you get a DVD/CD/Nav system in order to watch a dvd it gets grounded to your E-Brake, so in order for it to play a DVD movie you're ebake has to be up, granted there are numerous ways around it...its more or less a safty thing for your own protection

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Sory to post in a nother thread but does any one know a web site stating the laws on people with system's, like how for a way you can here the music be for you get a ticket. By the way I live in texas if that help's. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 508
alright, i beleive that the answer to your question taylor is not written, a cop has no way of determine a sound level you are creating, so i feel that the answer to you question would be at the cops own descretion. if he feels that you're disturbing the peace or have you music to an unreasonable level in public he'll pull you over...a way to avoid this would be to sound deaden your car to keep alot more noise in and well as dont blast your system with the windows rolled down on the main strip of your town, as said by others, you shelled out that money for your system, keep as much in the car as possible...chances are if somebody outside your car is listening to your music, they dont want to be and you really dont look any cooler or hip...you look like a fool listening to bad music with the windows down

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Ya don't wory you can't hear my system standing beside the truck, it was just more of that I was wondering. That would be kind of easy to get out of if it was the cop's word agenst your's lol. I don't really like it when you can here a system a block a way. I have just read som thread's on here, and som people have said that the have saw cop's rip out kid's system's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us