Need Help Identifying 2 US AMPS

Username: Swanks

Post Number: 3
Ive got a few old US AMPS i need to identify. They are some of the very first ones and lack any specs or model numbers. One is purple, white lettering (old style) about 1 foot long, half foot wide, has all wires saudered directly to the board and then comming out of the end of the amp (no terminals whatsoever). plexi see through bottom. Recently 2 of the brownish resistors blew on each channel. Id love to find complete specs on this so i can fix it and know just exactly how many watts, model etc.

The second is pretty small and red. White lettering (old style) same deal with how the wiring is on the purple amp. Solid metal bottom. Now what is odd is that this amp has no gain controls whatsoever. Just a "right input gain" and "left input gain" along with a power LED. Thats it. No model number or anything. Ill snap some pics later if that will help.

Post Number: 4
bump

Post Number: 7
Just got off the phone with US Amps. Turns out the purple one is a 1994 US-150 (360 watts) stable to 2 ohms. The red one is an old a$$ (from the 1980's) USA25 (100 watts) stable to 4 ohms. You have to adjust the gain via screwdriver which is within the RCA jacks before putting the RCA's on.

Man is it a b*tch to get schematics for US AMPS. Spoke with the tech dept at US Amps and the rep claimed he was unable to give that info out nor did they have that info. (odd)

He directed me to the people who repair their amps, and this fella would not give me the a few specs.. 2 damn resistors.. Called the local place who works on them and of course ($) again.. So it looks like ill have to sleuth around online to find what i need. Would much appreciate it if someone here could lend a hand if they know the specs.

2 resistors burnt out on each channel, beneath the left channel 3rd resistor to the right is labeled (R246), beneatch the right channel 3rd resistor is labeled (R346). Next to each resistor are 2 white jumper shaped pieces that ill also need to replace. Each labeled ".1 J 63".

Any help is much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us