Good amp kit?

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 22
I got everything ready for my system and I am having it installed saturday, but I dont have an amp kit yet. I have a nine.1 and I guess I am going to get a 4 awg amp kit. I know a guy locally that will get me any name brand stuff for close to cost so that really helps. What should I get? I was looking at a stinger kit, which I heard was pretty good. Is stinger all its cracked up to be?
BTW, im looking to spend around 40. Also, I know knuconcepts is good but since I need it by saturday I dont think that will work.
Thanks.
Eric

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
BUMP!
I need to order tonight so any advice you have to offer now would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

thatsthekid
Unregistered guest
go to walmart. most amp kits are the same. you can get a cheap one for half to a third of the cost as the "big" brands.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 455
www.knukonceptz.com great wiring kits

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 42
stinger is good, thats what kit i use. I dont think its the best but it good to me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Basslova, how much did you pay for yours? Also, what ga do u have and how many watts is your system. Thanks.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I have to say Knu and with good reason.
Lets take a RF amp kit for example, they'r wires are so hard they will make your fingers bleed if you try to twist them in a spiral.(personal expriance).

Once I got a hold of Knu amp kit, i was wow'd on the flexablity of the wire, more strains of copper (espacally in the sub wires) I still have my old Knu amp kit and the wires are still soft and flexable, they give you ample wire for future voice coil configs.
I have never pricked a finger with this wiring kit. Anyone like getting there fingers pricked?
About to purchase another amp kit from them soon.
why the big rush may I ask?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I already have an appointment to have everything installed. I guess im just impatient. lol.
I am getting a monster cable 4 awg kit tomorrow for about 45 bucks, so it will end up being about 10 bucks more than the knu conceptz would have been, but oh well. Besides, I hav heard good things about monster cable.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Yes monster cabe is really nice, its what I use for home audio. But man one cable cost me $25, It was a earphone jack into L&R RCA plugs.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 307
radio shack wire is allright also. their rca jacks are little pricy but still good. I can get 4 gauge here for about $1 a foot. not all that bad.

Bronze Member
Username: Flyfishin4trout

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 36
You can get great deals on www.cardomain.com on stinger kits. They have some high perf ones that are great. You can go to www.hifisoundconnection.com and get their prices and use them on cardomians web site to get a price break. The reason that you wouldnt want to order from hifi is because they will deliver eventually but I hate to wait.

Here is an example.

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/productcategory_detail.php?itm_id=42&pagefrom =category&product=id

that is a great deal on that. Almost cost
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us