Help with setup

Username: Jonny_987

Post Number: 1
Hey i'm new to all this stuff so plz bear with me. I wanna put a decent sound system in my '95 hyundai sonata. I have already ordered a pair of Infinity 6000cs which i'll prolly put at the front. I am also probably going to get a Boss 4channel 1000W amp. Now I was wandering if I should get sum Pioneer TS-A6990Rs for the rear. Would this sound OK? I was hoping maybe this speaker would deal with low enough frequencies that I woodn't have to buy a sub just yet (can't afford it). The head unit i THINK is a Pioneer DEH-P5550MP (I'll check tomorrow). Any suggestions? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6131
yes forget the BOSS crap. lousy products.
get Infinity rears to match the front. you want to match pitch and timbre in the speakers so using different brands isn't a great idea.
no midrange is going to give you bass.
I'd suggest instead of a 4 channel amp, think about powering the components from your head unit for now, and adding a self power sub like an Infinity Basslink. I just put one in my Jeep and spent under $250 total for the sub, amp kit, and shipping. Later when you have some more coin, add a 4 channel amp then. When you run power line for the sub/amp, use 4ga so you have plenty of current capacity for adding another amp later to make life easier.
that's my suggestion.

Post Number: 2
would it be better if i bought my sub and amp/s first, then buy the rear speakers later. I am pretty sure I can afford an amp for speakers, sub amp and sub maybe. Which amps and sub should I try to get?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 125
Yea you'll be happier like that. There's a lot of good sub/amp companies out there, whatever your budget.

Subs:
Resonant Engineering, Adire, Treo, Eclipse, Digital Designs, JL Audio, MMats

Amps:
Phoenix Gold, MTX, JBL, Tru, Eclipse, Cadence, JL Audio, Kicker, MMats, Orion, Zapco, Brax

There's some researching for ya. Good luck with everything.

Post Number: 3
so do boss amps really have that bad a rep? cuz i hav a mate who has a 1000W 4ch Boss amp and is pretty happy with it and I was thinking about the same one cuz they don't burn too much of a hole in my pocket

Post Number: 4
ok i'v ordered the INFINITY REFERENCE 1232W 12" 1200W sub and INFINITY 6000CS 6.5" component speakers for the front. what amp should i get that will power these two for now, then when i can afford it, can run another set of infinity speakers for the rear (and i'll get another amp for the sub. ne suggestions for that amp would be appreciated too). I live in Brisbane, Australia so there is a limited number of brands and models available to me. In fact i've ordered the speakers and sub from ebay and they are getting shipped in from the US. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Number: 5
ok i'v ordered the INFINITY REFERENCE 1232W 12" 1200W sub and INFINITY 6000CS 6.5" component speakers for the front. what amp should i get that will power these two for now, then when i can afford it, can run another set of infinity speakers (most probbaly another pair of 6000cs's) for the rear (and i'll get another amp for the sub. ne suggestions for that amp would be appreciated too). I live in Brisbane, Australia so there is a limited number of brands and models available to me. In fact i've ordered the speakers and sub from ebay and they are getting shipped in from the US. Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6159
Infinity is a good company
JBL makes well-made, affordable amplifiers worth a look.
So does Coustic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us