Help wiht audio advice please

Username: Osmith2004

Post Number: 1
I am currently in the process of upgrading the audio system in my car and am wondering where to start.The car is a 1990 corolla gti-16 hatch with:
2 pyramid gold series 6*9s in the parcel shelf
2 tweeters on the dash aircon vents
2 in dash 4 inch speakers
an alpine cde 7822e head deck

I am particularly interested in getting a sub into the car but am wondering about brand/amp etc.

As i am a student I am on a fairly low budget but i am able to do the install my self.

Cheers

Anonymous

If you just want to add some bass, go to a local shop, pick up a Rockford Fosgate or Kicker 10" sub and a box to stick it in, buy a 150w mono amp...that actually puts out 150w, and you'll have your bass.

It will not be the best, but it will beat what you've got.

Just my opinion!

taylor17
Unregistered guest
need a little more info. Like how much base you want, and how much money you are willing to part with. lol

Post Number: 2
umm well i want a good mix between loudness and sound quality but at this stage i am thinking of spending around NZD$500 so thats about 300$ us i think?
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 271
NZD???
Wtf is that lol.
Well for 300$, u could go with a v-max, u usually find them 125 a piece shipped. With the rest of the money, buy yourself an amp on ebay, a used or refurbished one would be perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 273
www.acoustic-visions.com
Forget what i said about the v-max, i always mix it up with the shiva lol
N-eways, the shiva is the sub that is 125$ shipped.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 77
new zealand dollars i beleive, could be wrong. i say get a type r. and a reasoanble amp. - 250-300 clean rms should do it.

Post Number: 3
Hey guys...Thanks fo the help.

how about this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-stereos/Subwoofers/auction-19612123 .htm

Made in Japan, by kenwood
box number is WB-2500s
amp number is PS200T
sub number is KFC-HQW 251

It is selling for around 400 new zealand dollars
thanks alot
Ollie smith

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 28
I agree with Paddy on this one. But remember you still need to get the amp wiring kit. Ever thought of getting a powered sub enclosure??? They are inexpensive and take very little room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us