Multi-Amp Wiring Kits

Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 9
This weekend I plan on buying

Alpine CDA-9830
Infinity Kappa components (for front, i will just use stock in back, infinity gold, not terrible, save money for now)
2 12" 4-ohm SVC Cerwin Vega V-Maxes

Kicker 04kx600.1 to power the subs, 30 x 2 fuse rating, 600 x 1 watts at 2-ohm
Kicker 04kx200.2 to power components, 30 x 1 fuse power rating, 70 x 2 watts at 4-ohm

I have a '96 JGC and I'm pretty sure it has a 90 amp alternator

By using glasswolfs ampere calculations I got 60 amps for the 600.1, but only 16.3 for the 200.2.

I want to install most of this myself with the help of my older brother and dad, but someone recommended that I have a professional do the wiring. I'm going to a place to get my box made, should I just have them do the wiring too or would this work.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DlHWURtYzve/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=128900&id=detail ed_info&i=211PS4R

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 818
Hey Michael, that's pretty expensive for wires. Go to walmart and buy a cheap package. You can probably get similar wiring package for $30. A power distribution they listed, can be bought for $15 - $20. They're not even giving you rca input cables/nore speaker wires with that price.
As for wirings, if you're not 100% comfortable, ask the professional to do it for you. It shouldn't cost you no more than $40. That way you know it's done properly, especially the grounding part. That's where you will pick up noise.
For rca input cables that come with the power wiring packages, discard them. They're cheap and not worth using. Instead, buy shielded directional ones from audio shop.

Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 10
Alright, thanks. I'll go to a good audio shop I heard about tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6226
www.knukonceptz.com has all the interconnects and power cable you need at good prices. Good stuff too.
www.partsexpress.com has anything else you might want. distribution blocks, connectors, any miscellaneous stuff.

the ZJ body jeep is pretty easy to work on. Same as my 94 Laredo. Between the three of you, this shouldn't be impossible to install yourselves.

Don't worry about the alternator unless you get the system in, and lights dim on ya.
If voltage rails sag like that, www.mralternator.com has a Denso replacement alternator that'll replace the Jeep's stock one for about $200 if I recall. I think it was about 165A

Bronze Member
Username: Protrex

Post Number: 26
The only problem that you are going to have if you wire the car yourself is getting though the firewall. Don't go dirlling anywhere you can't see. Try to use stock gromets and plugs. -- I learned the hard way. Good Luck.

-Jamie

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 855
Drilling any part of the fire wall is never a good idea unless it's required. If not done properly, you can increase your chance of getting rust.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6423
the JZ has a pretty accessible firewal if he's got the 4.0L i6 in it. There are visible factory gromets he can use.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6424
typo
I meant ZJ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us