Box for X.XX...

Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 6
i'm looking to possibly get a 12 inch X.XX sub for my grand cherokee. i was just wondering what would be a good box to get for it. i am primarily looking for SQ, but would like it to be able to get somewhat loud if i so desired. the car is my daily driver and i wont be entering any competitions with it or anything...so is a sealed box best?? i was looking at subzero boxes, are they good or should i look somewhere else? also, i know this is in the subwoofer section, but is the phoenix gold 1200 watt amp a good amp to power this sub? or is there something else that would be better for around the same price? thanks in advance everyone!

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 12
If I were you, I'd go with a sealed box. The amp you are looking at will dothe job, but I think a Hifonics amp will do just as good and at a fraction of the price.

Anonymous

Do you all think 1500 watts rms [hifonics brutus] is TOO much to give to a single 12'' x.x.x.

I've heard a lot of people say that around 1250 watts or less is what's recommended. Will more power than this do any damage or anything.

The sub will be used as a daily driver.... Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 84
If the box is built right it could reach full excurion with ~800 watts from what i hear

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Use a BX1000D then instead of BX1500D but rember you get voice coil options so witch ever you choose make sure your amp can dish it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us