Wiring a DVC Orion

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 102
I bought a 12" Orion DVC Colbalt off of ebay But never have wired a DVC before so just wondering how I would go on wireing this? Do I just supply power to both sides or..?

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
Oh jesus, go buy a JL.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 103
Did I ask what kind of sub I wanted? No. I only got the sub for $20 and figured I'd give Orion a try since I heard good things about them...Anyways..Stay on topic

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 104
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 819
Hey xxmdfmkxx, DVC subs have 2 pair of terminals. They're used to match the amp's ohm requirment. Let's say the sub is 4ohms DVC. What this means is that each set of terminal is 4ohms. So if you connect both set in parallel (pos from one terminal to pos on the other, neg to neg), it'll give you 2ohms total. Now you connect them to a 2ohms stable amp.
Never supply stereo signal to each speaker terminal pairs. You'll surely damage the voice coils.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 105
Hey Issac, Thanks for your reply. Bit confused, I put the two pos together on the terminals and the two neg together, Once I do that how do I power them to the amp? God im so confused right now lol

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 825
Hey xxmdfmkxx, once you connect the pos to pos and neg to neg on the sub, then take the pos and neg from the speaker and attach them to the amp's pos and neg speaker terminals.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 106
Alright, Thanks again. I should be getting the sub shortly, If I have any problems I'll let ya know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us