Dumba** move!

Bronze Member
Username: Ginuwinepz

Post Number: 20
Hey...i was recently rewiring my sub for 2 ohms, because the people that installed it wired it for 1 ohm and it was overheating my amp....well i was putting it back in the box, and my screw driver slipped and stabbed a hole in the cone!! i have absolutly no warranty on the sub or anything at all, is there anything i can do to fix it or just live with the hole there? if you were wondering the sub is a 15" Kicker Comp thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 300
cone or surround?

Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 5
how can u wire a 1 ohm sub to 2 ohms?

Anonymous

JB Weld

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 31
the outer edge?

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 32
if it was the outer edge and its made of rubber then u can melt it with a lighter and then move it together and bind it wit super glue. ive done it before

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 85
I did the same thing the other day, Right on the very tip of the cone. Any ideas on how to repair it? A friend of mine told me to put nail polish on it, But I don't see how that would fix it. The hole is about half a inch in length. The hole doesnt seem to be effecting the sound quality of it though.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 304
hey guys, forget what you heard, i've been reconing woofers for years, use 100% silicone. super glue and nail polish arent very flexible are they?, use common sense when workin on this stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 443
yea use silicone. i tried super glue once just to experiment to see what would work best and it ate away the plastic cone rather than repair it. silcone has always been the best for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us