Help With Alpine-9833 & Alpine-SPS570 Xover Settings

Username: Seannyboy84

Post Number: 1
How's it going? I am new to the whole car audio thing and I just got the above installed in my car a few days ago. I went and tried to adjust the crossover, time correction, and equalizer settings, but was totally confused. I went on Alpine's website and tries the i-Personalize thing, and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me adjust mainly my crossover settings? Specs for my speakers are here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qGkYI7Er5Pu/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51900&id=feature s_and_specs&i=500SPS570A

It is on the right hand side. SPS-570A. I have a pair in the front and in the rear. On the i-Personalize section on Alpine.com, I have to set values for the Hz and dB. Hz ranges from 20 to 200 while dB ranges from 0 to -12. I assume the values will be the same for both the rear and the front. And I'm guessin that the Hz has to be set around my speakers' range which is 30-35 Hz. I don't know about the dB values though. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Vtdakotaguy

VT United States

Post Number: 46
That iPersonalize thing online is confusing. I have the 9833 as well and with some help from Glasswolf I was able to understand the slope settings. However getting the adjustment into the deck is still a little confusing. The little dots on the Xover graph are clickable. Each time you click it changes the slope. Drag the dot over to about 100 KHz then click on the circle until the slope line appears and it reads 12db per oct. If you have a sub then set it to about 80 KHz with an 18 db octave. The frequency response may be 40 KHz on your speakers, but if you set it that low they will bottom out.

Username: Seannyboy84

Post Number: 2
Thanks Laish. Should I drag it up and down at all and adjust the dB?

Bronze Member

VT United States

Post Number: 47
You would better off just to leave it flat (0). According to Glasswolf and others, you need special equipment (scope) to set it correctly. Same with the parametric EQ. You could try different settings to see if anything changes to your liking. I'm glad you got things worked out. Trust me you won't miss the standard bass and treble adjustment once you get it set.

LM

Bronze Member
Username: Miso

Slovakia

Post Number: 38
well i would correct it a little-first of all we're talking about HZ not KHZ,and i would set subwoofer x-over slope to 24db,steeper slope is recommended for SW and if your speakers seems to be too loud,yes you can lower their level,it won't hurt anything:-)Otherwise what laish said is ok. peace:-)))

Bronze Member

VT United States

Post Number: 48
Sorry about the confusion with the KHz. I did in fact mean Hz. The 18db per octave slope was reccomended to me by a knowledgable person in this forum. Since it sounds awesome in my truck I just reccomend that to people to start with. I'm going to try the 24db you suggest and see how it sounds.

Later,

LM

Username: Intell3ct

Post Number: 1
I need help too. I have a 9833, and am sort of a newbie. I'd like to set my crossovers/time correction using I Personalize, but dont really understand the settings too well. Time correction is no problem, but the crossovers are where I need help.

I have a Volkswagen, with Polk Momo 6.5" MMC6500 component system and Polk Momo 6.5" MMC650 in the rear. I have a sub in the trunk as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 132
Is this ipersonalize info the same for the 9831? I can't figure out where the slope feature is

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 133
I must be doing something wrong because the HU doesn't find the downloaded file on the disc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us