Subs at Home?

Dante
Unregistered guest
Can You hook up car subwoofers upto a home amp (Reciever) Throguh the postive and negative wiring or will this wreck your sub?

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
I have two 12" Lightning Audio P1.12.4's in a sealed box, 1.5cu.ft per side, wired for 8ohms. Its hooked up to my reciever which in turn is connected to my computer. They drop pretty low and shake my house. You just have to make sure you have them at 8ohm's or more or something will die.

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
I have two 12" Lightning Audio P1.12.4's in a sealed box, 1.5cu.ft per side, wired for 8ohms. Its hooked up to my reciever which in turn is connected to my computer. They drop pretty low and shake my house. You just have to make sure you have them at 8ohm's or more or something will die.

dante
Unregistered guest
how did u wire them into your home reciever just in the positve and negative places???

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
I can bridge channels on mine.

Username: Icedova

G-town , Ky U.S.A

Post Number: 2
hey hey junglist how are ya. this may sound dumb but ive been tring to figure out how to connect my extra two 12" pioneers to my computer and put some shake in it.
wut did you use to connect it all.

JuNGLiST
Unregistered guest
A crossover is a must unless you have subwoofer out. I used the rear channels and bridged them, then connected them in a 8ohm load with i think 16 guage flat cable. You have to make sure you have a good reciever, or you will hurt something.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us