Rear deck rattle

T.Dot
Unregistered guest
I have 2 10" alpine Type R subs in a 2001 Grand Am and the rear deck makes a poping sound. At first i thought it was the 6X9's then i checked it out and it is the actual cover for the rear deck. My problem is if i put Dynamat down then this problem will still occur because there is at least a 1" space between the rear deck and the cover. I noticed this when I installed my 6x9's. I dont know what to do. My friend suggested to put dynamat down and then get some carpet underlay. Do you think this is a good idea. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 197
Thats a pretty good ideah. I would get some light weight foam (something that will compact pretty easaly) and cut it to fit. You can even go as far as ataching it to the cover, then putting the cover back in place.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 198
I forgot something. I would try to get a foam that is a little thicker than the widest point between the deck and the cover. Thats why I said to get something that is easy to compact. So when you put it all back in place the whole thing is suported, but it isn't to hard to put back together.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 607
Have you heard of expanding foam in a can? It costs around $5.

T.dot
Unregistered guest
Yes I have heard of expanding foam. I used work for a window company in which I used expanding foam every day. Its just not right for this application. If I could show you what its doing. You would understand. Its also to messy. If you get it on the interior you will never get it out. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK

Bronze Member
Username: Klone420

Post Number: 13
I say you should get rid of the deck and do alittle fiberglass work to it. then paint it the same color as the inter. alittle time consuming but you will like the end result.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us