JBL GTQ400 amp..

IamChris
Unregistered guest
..so what i wanted to know is i got this amp from a friend today..and i wanna know how good it will do at driving 2 200 watt rms 4ohm kenwood subs. will it drive them nice?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 545
What is the amp you got from your friend?

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
That amp bridged will be able to drive your subs. It is a 4 channel amp btw.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
but will it sound good? better sound quality and louder than the punch 201s amp i have now? my car is in the shop for a blown head gasket and havent gotten it back yet

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
Hey Chris, maybe it'll sound better. If it did, then it won't be that much. It's not like you're getting an amp that's 3x - 5x your current one.
Try this, bridge both amps and use it to drive each sub. That should make some difference.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
because right now each sub is only getting 50 RMS...and with the new amp each sub will be gettin 200..

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
Well if it's 4x greater than your current amp then yes you will notice a difference.
Even that is considered small in the bass word. 500W - 1000W is almost normal.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
i dont need anything that is going to destroy the neighborhood, i just want something i can feel inside the car pretty good

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
That should be good enough then. Just don't max your volume control on your HU. It will distort. Almost every HU distort near the max setting.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
will it stay more accurate at higher levels than the rockford i have now? ive never maxed out my HU, i put it at like 25-30 most of the time..sometimes 35...but the rockford i have now would distory and make the subs sound hollow at like 25...and wouldnt sound good. will that amp do a better job at making them sound better at higher volume levels?

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
Well since it's 4x stronger, yes it will make an impact. However, JBL amps don't come with remote control bass. With that you would've been able to adjust bass boost from your dashboard. It's a very handy device. Once you use it, you can't live without it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us