Is This A Good Woofer

Username: Thenewbie

Post Number: 6
ok im thinking of buying the HO112RW7 and i wasnt sure if it was any good, if anyone knows anything about it that would be helpful and if you know the best place to find the best price. thanks a lot

Anonymous

I dont think you could go wrong with a Loaded JL W7 box.

Post Number: 7
now the JL W7 box i want has a rms power of 750 but if you go to best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1069299397134&skuId=6221064&productCa tegoryId=cat03081&type=product that has a rms power of 600 and is only $130 about 700 bucks cheaper then the JL Box. Why is that? What makes one better from the other. Should i be buying the cheaper box from best buy?

Post Number: 8
i just heard that you can get the same quality with out it costing $900

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 65
You can get the same quality from other products, definately not the link posted there though. JL Audio is an excellent company, and you pay for what you get. JL Audio is echelons difference from that Dual brand. Other companies to check out are Adire, RE, Rockford Fosgate, Cerwin-Vega, Image Dynamics, etc. If you post your price range for sub, amp, and enclosure, the type of sound you want to get (SQ/SPL), how much room you have in your car, etc, everyone here can generally point you in the right direction.

Post Number: 9
ok i have about 2 grand to spend on my subs, box and amp i drive a ford explorer and the whole back is empty so i got lots of room. i was goin to buy the HO112RW7 but i noticed that its only 750 rms for $899 but then i went to best buy and they sold this box for $160 and it was 600 rms. so now i have to question why the hell am i spending $700 more for only 150 more rms? so thats what i have to work with

Bronze Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 68
One thing you need to understand about car audio, like many other people have said before me is that you get what you pay for. JL Audio is probably one of the biggest names in car audio. Dual is some cheap sub-company brand. You're paying for the good, quality build of the product. Don't worry about what the RMS of a product is. It's the difference between wasting your money on some cheap crap and a top of the line product. Also, remember that ratings in Watts are thermal ratings (The amount of heat the coil can survive with before it breaks down.) JL Audio has VERY good products, but you're also going to pay an arm and a leg. You can also look at exceptional companies such as Adire, Resonant Engineering, Cerwin-Vega, Image Dynamics, Eclipse, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, Treo, etc. They all make good stuff. That single 12W7 is going to hit harder than 8 of those Dual subs.
Maybe Glass or anyone else for the matter can explain the point I'm trying to get across if you don't understand my explanation.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 183
Jake is right on. You get what you pay for, and stay away from Best Buy. The W7 is a great sub and, with that much room you need a great sub, or subs. If you do go with that box get the JL 500/1 to push it. Keep in mind this amp is way underrated, it will push the W7 without a problem, and save you some money over the 1000/1.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 93
You need to do more homework before you decide to buy anything or install anything...

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 40
I agree with jake on this one except for the rockford fosgate, the quality of their products has gone way down hill, they are practically audiobahn stuff now. But i also believe that for the price of JL audio products you could buy stuff that is just as good if not better for half the money. But in my opinion with that much room in a vehicle you need more than one sub, at least two 12s but 15s would be better.

makeshift
Unregistered guest
aare audiobahns any good, my friends bought 2 subs and i tol him i prefer alpine,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
audiobahns are not good at all, alpine is very high quality

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Dude that BB link... that box is light (loaded with subs)
My box is about 58lbs alone now if u add in my 2 RE SE's its like, here let me put it on the scale...
120lbs, wow its a dead body in my trunk.
Id hate to have X.X.X's or even MT's if they go that much wight in them.

makeshift
Unregistered guest
thats what i thought kenny but he woudnt listen to me and went and bough 2 audiobahn subs, an amp and a box, cant wait to tell him how much better my system will be than his,
u guys seem to know alot and i want a new system, im looking at goin all alpine uless there is a better amp, i would like to go 2 12 type r's or 1 12 type x, but then im not sure which type of amp to get, im getting my system at cost price, so i would only like to spend around 300 at cost or 500 regurlar, thanx

Post Number: 10
so should i get the loaded box and everything for 2 g's from this place or for less money get some alpines type r's 15 inch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i was thinkin maybe 4 Alpine SWR-1521D 15" Dual 2-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i think i might go with the alpines but would i need another battery for my car because all this power and what kind of amp do ya recommend?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
which would be better to get 4 Rockford Fosgate P215S4 15" 4-ohm subwoofer or 4 Alpine SWR-1521D 15" Dual 2-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer?

Bronze Member
Username: Counterstrike

Post Number: 13
out of all the sub brand names whats the best one to buy from?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Newbie out of the two go with the alpines. I would recommend staying away from rockford fosgate subs. Some other good sub brands are eclipse, adire audio, Resonant Engineering(RE), and Image dynamics. Amp wise look at kicker, JL audio, Memphis, and i think JBL makes good amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
so out of all my chioces getting 4 alpines is the best or can i get 4 subs better for the same price?

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 11
The MTX Thunder9500 T9515-44 is very good sub for 700$

Bronze Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 12
at mtx.com they compare it to W7 and its better in every way

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
but wouldnt 4 Alpine SWR-1521D 15" Dual 2-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer be better it would be louder

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 108
there are many sub choices,
adire audio brahma
re X.xx or mt
dd 9900 series
mmats jugg.
jl audio w7
alpine type X
image dynamics
lightning audio x2.h2.v4 with a neo motor
and many more.

The amount of rms of a sub doesnt mean that the higher the better. you would spend the 700 bucks on the quality of the sub. a w7 will out perform 900 bucks of dual products and probably last longer. as for the mtx, i saw a punch 3 outperform a 15in. 9500 in one of the slegdehammer boxes they put them in. its probably just poor box designs though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us