Budget for a system

justAnotherkid
Unregistered guest
in january...when i get my taxes back...cuz im doing rapid refund im gonna have around a grand to spend on a system. so my question to everyone out there is this. i already have a HU..pioneer DEH-P3600..rockford 5.25 full range speakers in the front...pioneer 6.5 full range speakers in the back...now what i want is some advice on some good subs..preferrably 2 12's, an amp to power them...a HO alternator if need be. i drive a 95 civic lx by the way. so i have about a grand to spend on the subs and amp and box...any ideas?

Anonymous

www.reaudio.com
www.adireaudio.com
www.edesignaudio.com

Those are some good places to visit for some subs...bottom to top:good, better, best. My opinion.

Anonymous

As for the amps, this is what a famous poster to this site has just said in the amps discussion.

Arc Audio
Brax
Harrison Labs
McIntosh
Zapco Competition series
Sinfoni
USAmps
Tru Technology

justAnotherKid
Unregistered guest
im looking at the elemental designs subwoofer..the 13k.v2..is that a 12 inch sub? if so im thinking about getting 2 of them...and then the eD nine.1 amp...is that a good combo?..and also...will i need a HO alternator for that amp? and i will probably need a 4 gauge wiring kit right?

Bronze Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 31
it depend on the car but i believe the sub is like 350w rms if im correct so if you get 2 thats 700w rms, most stock alternators can handle. I have an 2001 impala ss and before i had 2 12" subs, embarrased o say the name of them but i was pushing 1200w rms to them and the my lights never dimmed. But when i took the capscitor out and sold it,because i thought i didnt need one the lights started to dim a little bit, but at the same time i added another 800w visonik amp for my mids and highs so that couldve been what started my lights to dim, but overall my alternator took 1200w rms withg no problem, but how many amps is your alternator becasue if its not strong enough and it diez out, u could cause alot of damage like i did, and had to pay $500 to get it fixed. Even though i dont think that this will happen everytime your alternator diez

Help2
Unregistered guest
13Kv2(yes its a 12) is 500wRMS
NINe 1 is 1200wRMS x1 @ 1ohm...under-rated.
youll wanna run it at 2 ohms.
whether or not youll need a HO alt depends
on your stock alt...
Do a big 3 first, then if youre dimming, get a bigger alt, and a better battery.

justAnotherKid
Unregistered guest
i have a 95 honda civic..are the stock alternators on those good or crap?

and another thing, are the 16Kv2 12's also?

Help2
Unregistered guest
Id get a bigger alt...its not crap necessariy..
just not very powerful.
and the 16Kv2 is a 15"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us