Need a smaller box and sub must be outside of the box - Any suggestions ?

Silver Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 127
Design Features

Cast aluminum basket
Black wrinkle finish w/ Diamond cut
Non-pressed paper cone w/aluminum rib insert (patent pending)
Large foam rubber surround
1-piece rubber gasket
Conex spider
Woven tinsel lead through spider
Chrome screw terminals
Dual 2 ohm voice coils
SPL: 90 dB
Magnet size: 12" --270oz.
BASV/Kapton hybrid 18 awg voice coil:
12" - 3"
Power (RMS watts): 12" -- 2400

MOFO-12
Fs 36.7Hz
Vas Ft. 0.73 Cu.
Qms 5.34
Qes 0.36
Qts 0.3363
Xmax 0.7"

Recommended box is 2.4cu ft tuned at 40hz

I need a smaller box and the sub must be installed on the outside so that i can see the magnet.... I still want that much bass i have .... Can it be done ???

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Just find a box to those pecs or make one, all you have to do is wire the positave to neg and neg to posivate from the sub to the amp

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 282
Or you can fill the box you already have to get to the rec. size. All you have to do is calculate how much space you need to take up and glue/screw wood pieces inside it.

Why do you need a smaller box? Or is the one u have a ported or vented or anything rather than sealed.

If your present box is bigger it really shouldn't hurt anything.

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 128
My current box is a 2.4cu ft tuned at 40hz...

The problem if i put the sub outside of the box the sub would not fith in my hatch space ... anybody kows how to design a smaller box which can have the same effect of bass.. as the rec one ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
Let me guess. You r running a set of audiobahns. Right.
There is really no other reason to be so insistant on inverting the subs in the box if you r not. Magnets just aren't that pretty.

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 130
1 mofo poer aqoustik btw there is another reason... where am i going to put my spare tyre ? till now i held it behind my front seat but its bothering me

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 283
having your sub stick outside the box isnt going to help with taking up less space. go with a slightly smaller box than needed and put 1-2 pounds of poly fill in it. i dont see how inverting the sub will bring about more room for your spare tire..

Silver Member

Malta

Post Number: 131
So if i have a 2.4 cu ft box and i minimize it to 1 cu ft how much poly fill must i put in the box ????

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
Andrew;
You use poly only if your box is already to small.
And as Ryan said you would use 1-2 lbs. of the stuff.
Your best bet would be to go to Best Buy or Circuit City and buy 1 of thier boxes. As much as I hate to say that.
This box is in your trunk right????
According to youor first post the recommended box for your sub is 2.4 cuft. You will more than likely be very dissatisfied if/when your go to a smaller box. I wouldn't recommend going smaller than recommended.
And if this sub is in your trunk, WTF good is going to do you to invert the sub. You can't see the magnet anyway, unless you pull over and open the trunk up, unless you have a camera back there linked to a screen in the front. But that's another post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us