Is this the correct way to wire it?

radar22
Unregistered guest
I have a MTX 801d and a MTX 342 amp. I am going to to run 1/0 ga. from the battery to the dist. block, then 4ga. to the 801d and 8 ga. to the 342. My question is, do i ground the amps separately, and if not how do you ground them at together? Also who makes a good multiple amp wiring kit or other amp wiring products. Also for GW, on the knukoncepts 1/0 ga. wiring kit it says that they give 5 feet of ground cable so that you can upgrade your stock battery to chasis ground. What does that mean? One more thing: Are poewer and ground cable the same cable?Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 267
Man your not ignorant were all here to help each other. I try to ground my amp in the same place but sometmes when your grounding 0 gauge its a problem. so if you can its good but if not just make sure its as solid as the other one. When you add amps your adding extra strain on everything so its best to upgrade the factory wiring, that frees up the flow a lil bit, but when you do the chassis do the power line,as well as the alternator ground and positive wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us