GlassWolf please help me out !!!!!!!

Username: New_kid

Houston, Tx United states

Post Number: 1
GW i'm pretty much admired of your knowledge. i'm thinking if you can help me solve this nasty problem. i have a 300W audio lightning sub hooked up to a 300W amp. i did it myself. it work fine for 3 months until one day. i stop the car for about three hours, then when i start the car the red protection light is on. so i turn down the volume to 1/4 the green light turn back on and only work at that level. i've done research around this site and i've tried to unpluge the rca and wire to the sub. with the power and remote turn on only. the green light comes on. the ground chasis is right. no paint, no stain. also i have a 35 fuse near the battery + terminal, which is equal to the fuse on the amp. is that a problem somehow???
please help me GW or anybody know about this. help would be appriciated

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5979
It sounds like the amplifier may have internal damage. What make and model is the amp?

If the wiring is all done properly, and you can't find any problems outside the amp, and your sub isn't damaged, it's usually a failed amplifier.
If its under a year old, warranty should replace it without cost to you.

Post Number: 3
thanks GW. i took the amp to bestbuy for them to test it. they hooked it up with a RF S1 300w. and it work fine. the way they wired them up was just like mine. i'm really lost now. maybe it's the sub. so if that's a sub problem. what would it be? what cause it. and how to fix it (if you know. thanks GW.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6004
make sure the amp's gain isn't set too high
check your ground again
try one sub at a time on the amp
see what load you are presenting to the amp with both subs wired.

If the sub is damaged, it's cheaper to replace that one than to repair it.
Lightnihg Audio is entry level stuff and cheaper to replace.

Post Number: 4
ok GW. i found it. as u said. the problem is the sub. there are two little wire running from the + - terminals to the coil. each is twisted with many tiny wires. some tiny wires on one of the two brooke and touch the other wire. i fixed that and it work fine now. thanks man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us