Recommended durable HUs

Bouncing Souls
Unregistered guest
I live in asia and it gets pretty hot around here. Anyone know which brand of HUs among these that can stand high temps? .. Such that its lifespan and proper operation are not affected overtime..

Alpine, Clarion, Pioneer,Sony, Kenwood and JVC.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 512
Hey Bouncing, I'd try Alpine models but whatever you do, do not buy Sony. Their units are cheaply made and can't handle heat.
Oh try and buy the normal models, not the high ends. They seem to be more delicate.

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 16
Yeah I would say Alpine will be the go from that list, they are pretty good stuff. Not sure about Isaacs comments on the high end units - they have more moving parts so its entirley likely - but any high end Alpine should be fairly well built anyway, operating conditions don't seem to worry them much :-) Trust me I live in Far north east Australia and have a climate similar to yours, I have a CDA 9835 atm and have had the 4x4 semi submerged and the carpets got filthy and wet. I had to leave it the next day before i could pull it all out and the condensation forming in the car was insane - that Alpine never missed a beat. I have no complaints, but I do make minimal use of the swing face - the less wear and tear on that piece the better afaiac. My 2 bob mate.

Cheers Glenn

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Alpine> Kenwood = Pioneer > Clarion/JVC > Sony
look at the features and style. I didn't like the button set-up on my last alpine. they tended to stick over time and when i pushed them in, it sounded like the face wanted to crack in half. Good power, but i'm a dial guy myself, so go find yourself either a dial/rotary setup or an alpine with a remote. Please don't buy sony!

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
Moorey, put another shrimp on the bahhhhbie

Bouncing Souls
Unregistered guest
Cool. Thanks guys.. this is really gonna help me out in the long run.

Peace.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us